Ratings for Dr. Marlene Spruyt

I had Dr. M. Spruyt as my GP for approximately 16 years when she practised in Newcastle, Ontario. I found her to be an excellent doctor, willing to take the time to discuss anything you wanted to. She didn't leave anything untreated, was occasionally behind, and willing to refer you to a specialist. All in all, a good doctor. I was only disappointed when she left Newcastle and left us (her patients) without a doctor. I was without a doctor for about 11-12 years and now have one in Belleville.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

very thorough, helpful, understanding. great with my kids. AWESOME secretary.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

She was an excellent family doctor when she first began her family practice in Newcastle. Her care lapsed terribly by the time she left. We received a mass produced letrter saying that she would be leaving. Due to the holiday period, by the time we received the letter, she had already left her practice and moved on. Sadly towards the end she was not much more that a pill pusher. Very disappointing - she left many, many patients in the lurch.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

When Dr. Spruyt practiced in Newcastle she was wonderful, I was a patient for years. Low and behold I received a form letter in the mail shortly after she delived my first child letting me know she was leaving her practice and no longer acceptng appts. She wouldn't even release her patient files. I was so disappointed that a woman I had such respect and admiration for would just up a leave 100's of people without care and without any sort of notice.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

I've found Dr Spruyt to be practical and effective as a rural doctor. She always gives me enough time to describe my problems and explains the reasoning behind her recommendations. I feel that she cares about my health and has worked to my benefit; what else could I want from a doctor?

flag | Submitted May 17, 2008

Too bad we dont have a choice of Dr. in this town. I found Dr. Spruyt to be very lax in her approach, and other than signing prescriptions, I didnt find her helpful in ANY way at all. I might as well have treated myself. Very disapointing in many ways. I couldn't be more offended and put off by a physician.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

I think when you get a Doc that knows their stuff you are always waiting to get appointments. She seems to know her stuff but does not have much time to tell you as patients are always taking more than their 15 min limit thus putting the Doc. behind. Will send you to specialist when does not know herself but does not do follow-ups.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007