Ratings for Dr. Violet Ross-Kasza

I had one bad experience after another. Violet Ross replaced a filling that I had no problem with. I was in great pain after words and they said there was air under it? They replaced it and It was like It was a huge problem for them. Absolutely no care the second time and no dam used so they filled my mouth up with grindings then offered me the door. They spent no more than ten minutes on the second filling. And after all that I am still in pane over a filling that never needed replacement.I am over 50 and have been to many clinics and this was the worst. The female hygienists are good but Violet and her hygienist husband Scott are to be avoided. The phone staff equally bad. I hadn't confirmed an appointment THEY had made and they threatened to charge me fifty dollars for missing it. That was the last straw. Now I find out from another dental practice that the filling has to be replaced again because it was poorly done. What a surprise!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Awful clinic. I will never return. Dr. Kasza began to do a filling. I said I could feel everything. She stormed out of the office. And there was a computer near me. I could see text popping up. I read it. She was saying how terrible of a patient I was and that she refused to do any more treatments on me because I am rude and too anxious. Wow! Yeah so when they called me to come back I said Never. You will never get a cent from me again. Terrible place. Avoid at all costs.

Submitted July 8, 2016

Pretty good. I was very nervous and made it through feeling kind of relaxed by the end . Very gentle and helpful hygienist. Dr says I don't need fillings yet so that's good. Basic insurance covered everything so far

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I have really, really liked my experiences with Dr. Ross-Kasza and her team. I decided to go with Dr. Ross-Kasza for a root canal after my regular dentist quoted me some asinine amount. Dr. Ross-Kasza follows the BC Dental Association fee guide. She was calm, gentle and very kind. She also came across as very knowledgeable, down-to-earth, communicative and she didn't try to push any unnecessary extras on me. She was even hesitant to recommend a root canal when I first started experiencing pain because she didn't want to prescribe me with something that might be unnecessary. Very refreshing for a dentist, I gotta say. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Not sure why, but the front staff are terribly rude, and seem to treat people like they are doing them a favour. The Hygienists are wonderful, but it seems every single filling that office does "will need to be root canal". Leaves me very uneasy. With a plan, the amount of work you need will double. Careful.....

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Gentle with the novacane and explains what going to happen before poking around in there.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Called twice to reschedule due to illness and family emergency well within the 48 hrs required. Both times they did not do it right. First time was told it was set up for a week later, showed up then and found out it was never rescheduled at all. Second time, the first apt was not cancelled and got a message to show up for the one that was supposed to be cancelled but actually wasn't. No apologies for the mix ups either. Called in again to complain, just got a really "huffy" attitude. Taking my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

After a routine Hygene session and X-rays, Dr Dutchack said I had a cavity in one of my back molars which needed immediate attention. At worst, it may need a root canal. Estimated cost $850.00 . Dr Ross-Kasza had done a substantial restoration on that tooth less than a year earlier. I questioned how anything could have gone wrong within that short time and was told that "these things happen". I immediately made the appointment to have the work done the following day. The following day I was not feeling well and called to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it in. I was told that there would be a $100.00 cancellation fee since the cancellation did not fall within their 48 hour requirement. No consideration was given that the appointment was made less than 24 hours earlier. I had the tooth checked by another dentist. NOTHING WRONG!!! I won't be going back to Orchid Dental. It's all about the money not your teeth. Stay away!!!

Submitted February 21, 2014

I was new to this place - I did a lot of research of this office and found mixed results. I decieded to try it out. The first part of this process, reading over their terms and conditions and them ensuring I have read them - was a flag; something must have happended in the past. Dentist wanted to re-do a filling I had, which I still don't feel is necessary. He also wanted to re-do a filling my girfriend has, for no reason, but "they're old". The front staff, I will not mention names of this person, is HORRIBLE! I left feeling inferior and treated with complete disrespect. For this, I am considering changes dentists right away. If you want to go, watch out for their overpricing and the front staff - very rude and pushy!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Went in for general cleaning, she substituted a different dentist without asking first, he told me my filling needed to be replaced, poorly and painfully done only to end up having her do a root canal, she was not experienced enough to finish it and sent me to a specialist, who was wonderful! her office staff and hygienists were very nice but her and the male dentists (starts with a d?) inexperience and his cocky disrespectful attitude should keep you away.Ended up going way over my insurance and have had 4 root canal appointments to finish and correct. $1600.00 out of my own pocket later.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013