Ratings for Dr. Julio R. Padilla

Avoid this arrogant snob Doctor at all cost, for him money comes first not you the patient, if you want to end up on a wheelchair go and see him!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I am Golf professional, and the only reason I am is because of Dr. Padilla. I herniated my L5S1 shortly after I turned pro (similar injury to Tiger). It was due to a combination of incorrect technique, and a combination of improper lifting technique over the long haul. I was only 26 years old when this happened. Dr. Padilla told me I would get about 80% back to where I was prior to injury. HE UNDERESTIMATED HIS OWN WORK. I have higher club head speed then prior to the injury, and its been 5 years and no pain. He is a very thorough and complete doctor. I knew exactly what to expect and that was so helpful in the recovery process. He explained that contrary to what TV ads say, it would take about 9 - 12 months to full feel better. This was because nerve bruising from surgery (unavoidable) can take that long to heal. So I had pain for about 9 months after, but full function. and then the pain went away. I never panicked because Dr. Julio had me completely prepared for this. So if you need a similar procedure, patience and Dr. Julio were the keys for me. THIS IS A DOCTOR WHO UNDERPROMISES AND OVER DELIVERS. 100% saved my golf career, and can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

After living in agony for almost 2 years, Dr. Padilla operated my spine in August 2016. I had a bulging disc between my L4/L5 vertebraes. I was in excruciating pain every single second of the day. For months, I was not able to have a single night of continuous sleep. I was depressed and hopeless. After getting an MRI and waiting a few months for the consultation, I saw Dr. Padilla in June 2016. He was honest and patient, and kindly explained my situation. He said I had two options: to learn to live with the pain, or had a survery. I didn't think twice. Dr Padilla told me the risks of the surgery and what to expect during the recovery. It has been almost 1.5 years since then, and I can happily say that the surgery was a complete success. The pain went away almost immediately, although the surgery recovery took a few months (my back was really stiff, it hurted after many hours sitting, etc.). Today, I have a normal life again, free of pain. I thank God and Dr. Padilla for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Awesome experience, every thing went great. Only been three weeks since surgery and i feel great.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Padilla rescued me from living in horrible pain. I am forever grateful to him. When I first met him, I literally walked in the door of his office and he looked at me and said well hello Gimpy..I had a pronounced limp from nerve pain and muscle deterioration in one leg due to pain, and he hit the nail on the head and had me giggling. Perfect introduction.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I enjoyed my brief visit with Dr. Padilla after waiting over a year to see him. He is a very intelligent man with a light hearted outlook. He had me laughing by the end of the visit. I know he want to help people but I could tell he felt frustrated when he tells people to lose weight or stand up straight and those people find excuses to avoid doing anything to change. After seeing him I left his office with a new outlook even though there are days I can hardly stand up or walk. After possibly 43 yrs of pain and now the pain being extreme he has given me some hope and guidance along with reassurance. I never saw an xray of my back in all the years I have been in such bad pain until I started to have trouble walking and bladder control. He is a nice man and means well. Just be patience and listen to what he has to tell you because no matter what surgery is not always the best option for all. Thank you Dr. Padilla for giving me some hope and a lot of giggles.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr Padilla is not only extremely knowledgeable as a doctor, he is very compassionate and understanding. He did not sugar coat anything and made sure I understood everything. I had a tumor removed from my lumbar spine 3 weeks ago. I did not need to take anything other than Tylenol, even immediately after surgery. Dr Padilla came to see me every day while I was in the hospital. Unfortunately, I have read a couple of negative reviews in this site. I did not experience anything negative in all my dealings with him. He was never rushed, listened to me and answered all my questions. I have no reservations in giving him 5 stars!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr Padilla is honestly the best doctor I've ever had and I really mean that. Ive been dealing with him over the last 4 months in which time he repaired a severely herniated disc in my lower back. He spends time with you, answers all of you questions and does not rush you out of the door like many doctors. He is very professional, he does not sugarcoat anything, he just gives you a good, realistic and honest opinion with no fluff but he has a great sense of humor too and my followup visits post surgery have been positive and productive. I do see some bad reviews on here, but most are overwhelmingly positive. I can only speak from my experience, he seems very well thought of by all of the hospital staff Ive met when checking in for treatment and he's honestly the best doctor Ive ever had and I really mean that, I would highly highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I want to thank this man for giving me my life back! He is the best in the business. He came highly recommended from friends and medical professionals that I know. I am grateful to have gotten an appointment and then surgery not long after. He is down to earth, tells you exactly how it is, and doesn't sugarcoat anything. He has a great sense of humor and makes you feel secure and comfortable. His office staff was very accommodating and friendly. I was shocked to read the negative comments below attacking this doctor as a human, being, yikes! Some people are angry and will take it out on anyone.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I appreciated his frankness; felt that his manner was compassionate and most importantly he successfully performed a very complex operation. oh and one more thing - as busy as he was , he took the time to fill out a ridiculously long Air Canada travel escort form. He didn't want to, but when he realized how important it was to us he made the time. he isa good man.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016