You may also like

Rate Dr. Julio R. Padilla

Dr. Julio R. Padilla's Ratings

I met Dr.Padilla and the staff on the 7th flour of the Lion's Gate Hospital in the year 2000. He was straight forward and got me into the Hospital the first day he seen me. He Simply saved my life. I was paralyzed on my right side of my body.Turned out that i had a very large tumor on the front right side of my brain. The operation was supposed to take 18 hours he did it in about 8 i think. I was in the hospital for a month. Turned out i was 3 months pregnant when i hopped into the Hospital but didnt know he saved both our lives. My skn just turned 14! Thanks Dr.Padilla. .♡Wanita Savinkoff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2904309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Thanks to Dr. Padilla, in 2002 I underwent an operation to relieve me of 12 years of so called sciatica pain that was in fact spinal stenosis. He was frank with me and made me loose 20 lbs. before he would operate. In 3 weeks I went back 19 pounds lighter and he set a time for the operation immediately. After the operation I was up and around in three days and I was a new man. Pain free for the first time in 12 years. A post operation time visit was exceptional he felt I was a year or two from a wheelchair. He e even gave me a golf lesson to compensate for causing more harm by golfing. Two years ago I was back for my neck pain and after a cat scan he recommended that we do nothing as that operation is not one that a person wants to go through. I am to see him when the pain becomes more than just discomfort. In a nut shell he is "the man".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

DR. Padilla was frank and straight forward in what he could do and what he can't doc - clearly explained all the problems and possible solutions. I felt very comfortable making a decision after a thorough consultation. Would highly recommend him for neurosurgery. Thank you Dr Padilla for an excellent experience - best regards Tim, North Vancouver

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

This man is an amazing surgeon. I had spinal decompression surgery yesterday and I can't believe how great I feel. I have no pain and am not on any medications even. It's remarkable how good I feel. He was right all along! Brilliant! Thank you so much!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I recently had spinal surgery for the second time. I had surgery in 2005 at the age of 25 for a slipped disc and then again a few weeks ago for 2 slipped discs due to injury.

Dr. Padilla is the very best at what he does. He gets straight to the point and tells you how it is. When I decided to have surgery, I was fully informed of the risks and benefits. Suffice to say I am healing and recovering well.

Dr. Padilla has a great bedside manner and I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

Incredible surgeon. My surgery was a complete success and I've never been more grateful in my life. Extraordinary manner and his staff were very helpful and accommodating. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

I wonder if this man remembers or even took the Hippocratic Oath! I never want to see him again and I strongly suggest patients ask for another neurosurgeon instead of him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2581748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I don't understand previous negative comments. My consultation was excellent. After years (25 since my last relatively unsuccessful operation), of dealing with pain and discomfort; to have things clearly explained and visually shown, was a great relief. MRI scheduled, and when done, operation scheduled quickly. People deal with pain differently (in fact, FEEL pain differently). I haven't had an operation yet, but there appears little or no negative feedback concerning his skills as a surgeon. I actually found his secretary very helpful. (Maybe she is new?) I think it depends on what you expect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1275585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2012

This man is God with a scalpel...he truly is amazing. He makes it effortless and his bedside manner is the best I've encountered in over 30 years. He has the ability to put everyone, patient mostly importantly at ease, he is prompt, excellent with explanation, beyond average follow up care...etc..I could go on and on! He is truly the best and if you are fortunate enough to get him you are in very good hands!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1275584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2012

Being a medical professional myself I don't really care about the Dr. bedside manner but this Dr. was particularly bad. After he looked at my CT scan he told me that I would need surgery. His examination was.... He lifted up my top at the back and looked at my spine for about 15 sec. He did not check nerves or tightness in the muscles nothing. His report of the visit was completely incorrect as I had the opportunity to read it. He just kept saying you will be back. Stay away from this man.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1275583].votes_count ]]