Ratings for Dr. Julio R. Padilla

Dr Padilla is honestly the best doctor I've ever had and I really mean that. Ive been dealing with him over the last 4 months in which time he repaired a severely herniated disc in my lower back. He spends time with you, answers all of you questions and does not rush you out of the door like many doctors. He is very professional, he does not sugarcoat anything, he just gives you a good, realistic and honest opinion with no fluff but he has a great sense of humor too and my followup visits post surgery have been positive and productive. I do see some bad reviews on here, but most are overwhelmingly positive. I can only speak from my experience, he seems very well thought of by all of the hospital staff Ive met when checking in for treatment and he's honestly the best doctor Ive ever had and I really mean that, I would highly highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I want to thank this man for giving me my life back! He is the best in the business. He came highly recommended from friends and medical professionals that I know. I am grateful to have gotten an appointment and then surgery not long after. He is down to earth, tells you exactly how it is, and doesn't sugarcoat anything. He has a great sense of humor and makes you feel secure and comfortable. His office staff was very accommodating and friendly. I was shocked to read the negative comments below attacking this doctor as a human, being, yikes! Some people are angry and will take it out on anyone.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I appreciated his frankness; felt that his manner was compassionate and most importantly he successfully performed a very complex operation. oh and one more thing - as busy as he was , he took the time to fill out a ridiculously long Air Canada travel escort form. He didn't want to, but when he realized how important it was to us he made the time. he isa good man.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Padilla is a disgrace to Doctors. He only looked at one slide of my MRI and misdiagnosed me. He offered NO help and told me to learn to live with pain because I had damaged my nerve. Since seeing two other Doctors I have learned that not only was he wrong, but he lied extensively in his report to my GP. He only agreed to refer me to procedures I queried and even then he did not send the referrals. He told me that surgery only had a 2% success rate when that is not true. He only spoke to the male in the room (ignoring me, a female) and spoke down to me when I became upset. I wonder how many of the glowing review below are from men. He is mysoginistic, rude, uncaring and a terrible human. I don't care how good he is with a knife; if he doesn't learn to actually look into a patient's history and care about the people he is working with then he should not be practicing. I will never see him again and I will continue to tell everyone I know how awful he is. I had no issue with his staff. They were not overly talkative but they did their job.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

After months of excruciating pain I was seen by Dr. Padilla and not long after that first consultation he operated on my back in June of this year (20016) and removed a tumor from my spine. . The relief was immediate. Dr. Padilla explained what he had done in layman's terms and did not couch his language but was forthright yet very sympathetic. He explained what I could expect, not leaving out the fact that the problem may recur and the odds of it so doing. I was very grateful to this man for his plain speaking and for his empathy and kindness. I would highly recommend anyone seeking relief from sciatic pain or pinched nerve and would like to thank him for giving me my life back to me.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

He is very knowledgeable He is focused and on helping you Very experienced Grateful for the great job he did and his explanations

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

After living with 5 months of excruciating sciatica, I had an MRI and was told I had a L5/S1 herniation. I met Dr. Padilla and he got straight to the point. I could choose to live with the pain, or I could have surgery. He didn't make any promises but explained the chances in terms of percentages of what I could expect after surgery. The surgery went amazing. Within 48 hours I no longer needed any medication for pain (continued with the anti-inflammatory). I was a 2/10 on the pain scale for about a week after surgery and am now down to 0.5/10, 5 weeks after surgery. I'm able to sit, walk and even exercise with virtually no pain (I say virtually, because I do feel something there. I may always, but compared to what it was, this is heaven). This man knows what he's doing. He has an amazing reputation within the medical community. Two doctors I know recommended Padilla. His laid back attitude was reassuring. After reading through some of the negative comments I can definitely appreciate why his personality would rub someone the wrong way. If you're the kind of person who needs detailed explanations and constant assurances, you may find him off putting. Go into it with the mindset that he's a good doctor, not a wizard, he does his best work and everyone hopes for the best. I found his office staff very helpful as well. I always got voicemail which was a little annoying but she would call back in a timely fashion.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

After having L5S1 discectomy done in 2012 - I didn't listen and kept working they way I wasn't supposed too. Now more tissue has buldge my own fault Maybe should get the fusion done Hoping to see him asap

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

even me.i recomend stay away from this doctor.as soon as he find out iam nat rich and on disability.he told me.oh u can live with this problems then he wrote to my family doctor that i lie about my problems and he is addicted to drugs for many years.he didnat even read my file after 1.5 year wait to see him

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I met Dr.Padilla and the staff on the 7th flour of the Lion's Gate Hospital in the year 2000. He was straight forward and got me into the Hospital the first day he seen me. He Simply saved my life. I was paralyzed on my right side of my body.Turned out that i had a very large tumor on the front right side of my brain. The operation was supposed to take 18 hours he did it in about 8 i think. I was in the hospital for a month. Turned out i was 3 months pregnant when i hopped into the Hospital but didnt know he saved both our lives. My skn just turned 14! Thanks Dr.Padilla. .♡Wanita Savinkoff

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015