Ratings for Dr. Jaime A. Oviedo

I was fortunate enough to have found Dr. Oviedo a number of years ago. He is knowledgeable, very personable and professional. The staff has always been great as well, they take the time to answer questions and get back to you promptly.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Great doctor in every capacity. Ive never felt more at ease. However, the baracuda of a secretary that works for him should be fired. Ive never encounter such bad customer service in the heathcare industry. Please rethink your hired help for the sake of your good name Dr. O.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

What can I say? He's incredible. Unfortunately I'm Medicare/Medicaid and good doctors like him will eventually move on and no longer accept it. Here's to hoping he keeps accepting Medicare/Medicaid for a very long time.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

I've been a patient for a few years. Dr. Oviedo is a great doctor. Endoscopy,colonoscopy and various other tests and procedures. I highly recommend him. GREAT listener and bedside manner- really wants to help his patients in any way. I agree tha the front office staff is a bit brusque and rude- but I go to Oviedo for his expertise- I can put up with the office staff. I'm glad to have him on my team!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Oveido is a fantastic doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and totally understands all of our symptoms. He is a breath of fresh air. I would recommend him highly. He is patient, a good listener and is very intuitive. I have been to doctors for 4 years and have been diagnosed with anxiety...anxiety...anxiety. This is the only doctor who can understand my symptoms and give me a proper diagnosis instead of fluffing me off. Thank god for him!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr. Oviedo is great, but the office staff is horrible. It took me 2 months and 6 messages to get my test results back, which ended up being positive and I needed another round of treatment. Expect to leave several message and have no one call you back.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Highly stressed front staff, but great doctor. He is thorough,patient, kind and knowledgable in his field. Great with communication. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

He is great and a really easy person to talk to. He really listens and is very respectful. I had an endoscopy and it was just fine. Would definitely recommend him! I have acute pancreatitis that is just hanging on which sparked GERD and other issues. Hard to get real person on phone though.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2007

Dr. Jaime A. Oviedo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaime Oviedo is a graduate of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Faculty of Medicine in Bogotá, Colombia. He has a special interest in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of peptic ulcer disease and GI bleeding. He also has extensive experience in the management of acute and chronic liver disease. Dr. Oviedo participates in clinical research and published articles in the fields of acid reflux disease, colorectal cancer, and inflammatory bowel disease. He has been a contributing author of standard and online textbooks, including Cecil’s Essentials of Medicine. Before joining Greater Boston Gastroenterology, Dr. Oviedo spent five years on staff at Boston Medical Center and remains an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center. In 2011, he was chosen to be the section coordinator for Gastrointestinal Training for MetroWest Medical Center’s Residency Program. He is fluent in English and Spanish. Dr. Oviedo has developed great interest and expertise in the field of obesity and weight management. He serves on the Advisory Board for MetroWest Medical Center’s Bariatric Surgery Center, is an active member of the Association for Bariatric Endoscopy and is trained and certified in the ReShape® integrated dual balloon procedure for weight loss. Dr. Oviedo is currently on staff at MetroWest Medical Center, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Marlborough Hospital, and Charles River Endoscopy.

• Spanish
  • English

• Pontificia Univ Javeriana, Fac De Med, Bogota, Colombia (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Framingham, MA