Ratings for Dr. Grant D. Gilliland

I had a complication from another doctor's surgery leaving me with discomfort and uneven eyes. My result after surgery was great and the staff explained the process to me in detail. I'm very pleased with my experience.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

My experience was excellent. I was seen in a timely manner and had ample opportunity to ask all my questions. I had a very complex problem and Dr. Gilliland did a fantastic job.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Their medical staff -especially CAROL- are exactly what has been said HOSTILE IDIOTS!! They billed my old insurance company instead of my current one, causing me to have a messed up credit score for an INVAILID reason. When I confronted them, they were very rude and tried to blame me on their stupidity. The doctor is no better. He is rude, spends no more than a minute on the eyes and the results are no good. This place is a colossal waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

This review site has given me a sense of vindication on what I experienced with the lady over billing at Dr. Gilliland's. I've never experienced such unprofessional treatment before. The best way to describe her, she was a pitbull unchained, coming after me ready to bite. She did not care who heard when she confronted me in the hall. I cried from the humiliation when I left. My referral was sent over that day within the hour after I called my pcp, and she told me she would wait for it. She called and left a message in the late afternoon telling me that since the referral was not sent, I owed Dr. Gilliland in full. Fortunately, my insurance company saw the referral was sent over that day. It took months to resolve because she refused to file even though the insurance company called twice, telling her to file. In the meantime, the office threatened me with letters. Due to the difficult behavior experienced from her, I will never ever use Dr. Gilliland again.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

It's a shame, but also a fact, that a doctor's success is ultimately tied the quality of their staff, and this doctor's staff is absolutely hostile! I wasn't able to even make an appointment because the staff was so unhelpful, and unfriendly. How can I willingly allow myself to risk a less than desirable, surgical outcome, for which I may not expect sufficient support, or possibly even be able to contact the physician, due to the tough insulation of poor staff. This doctor needs to familiarize himself with the operation of his office, and make changes that would welcome and support patient contact.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I had both upper and lower eyelids scheduled and prior to doing so got a second opinion. This highly qualified doctor supported all efforts of Dr. Guilliland and recommended him as my surgeon. He is not warm and fuzzy, but through, efficient and capable. I trust him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Gilliland is an incredibly caring doctor. He was easy to talk to, answered all questions and was easily accessible. My husband had a difficult surgery and thanks to him, it went well.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr.Gillilands knowledge in his field of medicine is amazing. A very kind and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Very kind and attentive doctor. Answered all of my questions. Surgery went beautifully and staff was very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I had a positive experience with Dr. Gilliland. I found him to be thorough and attentive. However, his office manager was rude and acted like I was putting her out when I would call and request information about a procedure. I ended up going with another doctor because I just didn't get a good feeling at his office.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Dr. Grant D. Gilliland's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1988)