Ratings for Dr. David M. Sloven

I think Dr. Sloven is a great doctor. After being diagnosed with bipolar, his knowledge of medication has been successful for my needs.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Sloven always has made time for my appointments and is constantly making sure my medication and mood is up to par. He lets me know when he will be out of town in case of emergency and gave me a phone number in case of emergency. I have never felt uncomfortable talking to him about what is going on and that is important to me. He asks a lot of questions, but they are all pertinent to my condition. I would definitely recommend going to him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I agree with the 12/11 review and, want to advise other patients to request another MD if they have the misfortune of having him assigned to them at 13 Galter. Dr. Sloven blatantly lied about the known side effects of a medication. He was also very perfunctory and evasive at the family discharge meeting and, even worse, misled my Dad as to the prognosis of my debilitating disorder and filled him with false expectations regarding recovery.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Worst at handling patients in crisis. Is more of a fingerpointer and an accuser than a healer. Has no bedside manner and has the audacity to raise his voice at a patient while talking on the phone. Always has a smirk on his face as he speaks to you in a condscending manner.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr. David M. Sloven's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1978)