Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Hantoot

Dr. Hantoot truly thinks he is the world's most brilliant psychiatrist and if a patient questions anything, that is a manifestation of their illness. He roped me in for years. He did some really shady stuff and never, never would admit any, even slight wrongdoing. For instance, he gave me a really long story about the women who had worked with his wife as a yoga instructor who was now (at that time) seeing him as a patient. He told me she became infatuated with him and chalked it up to some transference nonsence. His wife got jealous and had become anorectic and had to be hospitalized. He went into deeeeeep background about his wife's abuse history with her father and mother. How was this serving my therapeutic goals? All it did was make me feel I needed to " help him and his wife. I was putting his $225 bi-weekly fee on a credit card to listen to his issues. I finally came to my senses and confronted him and it went horribly. He was perfect, I was "sick". Shortly after that, he moved to LA, thank God. Right after they moved, his wife called me and asked me if I would take their dog that they had to leave behind. Just so bizarre. The best thing he did was move far away because it finally gave me the freedom to see that I was ok. I had always had this bull$hit "loyalty" to him and would always go back to him , even when things were going fine. He strung me along for years for $$$$$ and some type of power trippy weirdness. I haven't seen him since 2009 .My life is so, so much better without him "treating" me. I wouldn't wish this dynamic on anyone. I still, after 8 years still am hurting from his power trip. There are plenty of shrinks, DO NOT GO TO MARK HANTOOT!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

On the surface, seems to be excellent but uses therapeutic relationship to not serve the best interest of the patient. He appears to be caring but is more concerned about his authority in the relationship. Questionable therapeutic understanding of behavior.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Hantoot is the most manipulative psychiatrist in the world. He charged me variable rates, then blamed the descrepancy on me. DO NOT go to him!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr. Mark S. Hantoot's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1989)