Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Popkin

All around great doctor! Listens and hears what you say and actually talks to you not at you.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I owe my life to him. He is always willing to talk with you and reassures you that everything is okay. His staff is offsite, but they are really great.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr. Popkin is a life saver. I was diagnosed bipolar quite a few years ago and have been struggling to get back to my "old self". After seeing numerous doctors, I finally found a doctor that could help me! (Starting to look like there was no hope) Well after 6 months he has managed my medications CORRECTLY, held hour long appointments so we could discuss all of life's obstacles, I have increased alertness and have even lost weight.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

With the exception of Kelly who reminds you of your appointments, he has extremely rude staff. In addition, he is chronically late to appointments and not up-to-date on side effects of medication. However, if you have a good idea what you need, he's always willing to write a scrip. If you need an actual in-depth analysis, he's not going to be helpful.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Because I have a deductible, I had to pay up front. He seemed really nice, but didn't really "get it". Seemed to be in a rush. After, his billing staff tried to get more money from me and were VERY RUDE!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I could not get to see him for a long time and siffered. He has an offsite staff and messages get mixed up. His secretary told him I was suicidal. This was never the case. I also had to pay cash practically before he would even let me in the door. He seems nice but jumpy, like he has to get you out as fast as he can. I am not pleased with doctor popkin and neither is my fiancee. But we are stuck for now. I am not from this country. It is hard to find a doctor right now. We are not pleased with his care.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Dr. Popkin will only cater to patients who don't have "complicated" issues. The first time I was to see him I was told to bring cash. I sat in his office and waited for him to count my money before I could speak to him. Out of 15min. Med appointments, he spent an average of 8-10 minutes with me. I have to call three different places for meds, to make an appointment and for billing questions.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Very nice guy, feel safe around him. He listened to me and helped me to talk freely about myself, and was willing to try the medications that worked for me in the past.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Dr. Stephen M. Popkin's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1978)