Ratings for Dr. Ambrish K. Gupta

I have been going to Arlington office since 98 and will not go any other Dr. Office other than the Alexandria office.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Issues: I just realized my prescriptions are all in this doctor's name, but he's not my doctor. I have never seen him or met him. I see a female MD located in McLean with the same last name. His wife? Correction I see her PA lately who just graduated. I never get refills on meds I have taken for years. Meds are not controlled substances. They always require an office vist or phone approval. I have never had to do this. The extra office visits are obviously income for them. Can they charge when we talk on the phone too? I too was sent to a sleep center. I also noticed the owners of the center were both named Gupta, different first names. The center only had 1 kind of mask for men, not women, and used ancient equipment and painful contacts. The woman there was so nice but didn't seem certified. I was sent for a 2nd study too. Have never heard results. Interesting all employees I've seen are new to the U.S.-China, Phillipines, Somalia. Ok by me & super gals but paid less yes?

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

The office environment is not clean, in the exam room the medical assistants use the same glove used to open the doors and hold folders. Do not like leaving my urine for test in the restroom, it can be switched. The medical assistant should hand the urine container with a patient name and/or birth date labeled to avoid from errors for patients with the same first and last names or unreadable hand writing. On the blood drown container they should put patient name and/or birth date labeled instead of hand writing on it. Very Very scary you may end up with the wrong diagnosis with someone else blood or urine test. In today's technology they can not have label ready for patients. You make appointment with the doctor you want see and when come for the appointment they have you see another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

I started out with Dr. Gupta but was 'passed' on to a female relative, who is also a doctor. I liked Dr. Gupta and was always in and out... FAST. However, get ready for test, after test, after test... My final straw was that I complained about RLS after many years of not saying anything. They wanted to send me to Sleep Study, which after some research I found out that they owned/partly owned the clinic.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

My husband went to Dr. Gupta with a persistent drooping eyelid. The doctor told him that it was "droopy eyelid syndrome", a genetic condition that could not be treated. Good thing my husband got a second opinion…it was myasthenia gravis, a serious neuro-muscular disease that is potentially life-threatening. Dr. Gupta is too concerned with making $$$ over quality patient care (which takes more time than he is willing to give).

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

disorganised, poor skills, greedy,unprofessional.Nevergoto this practice.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Is not very knowledgeable, could not diagnose simple things.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2006

Usually have to wait 45 min despite turning up early. Helpful and frindly

flag | Submitted June 7, 2005

Dr. Ambrish K. Gupta's Credentials

• Hindi

• Christian Med Coll, Punjab Univ, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (Grad. 1980)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan