Ratings for Dr. Allison Ferg

Been with her 20+ years. We have a good rapport. I don't waste her time complaining about little things that I already know I'm the cause of and can fix with ice and heat so she knows that if I'm in with an ailment its something serious and she just gets down to business. She's not a big hand holder but certainly cares for her patients. She will show frustration with you if she's told you to do something and you have repeatedly failed to follow through. I don't see that as a bad thing.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I'm really excited to have Dr.Ferg be my new Maternity physician. This is our first baby and I was transferred from our family doctor to her. She is very kind and took the time to answer our questions. I really like her sense of humor and she was patient when my husband liked to interrupt. Doctors have a hard job being both caretaker and friend so i think some of these comments below are unwarranted. My first impression is that she is an amazing maternity doctor. I feel I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I have seen Dr. Ferg for about 30 years now. I would have left many times, but it's hard to find a female Doctor who take's new patients. Just before I was diagnosed with Bipolar, and left work, she said it was my fault. I couldn't believe this, and walked out of the room slamming the door. I swore not to go back, but had to. She has no bedside manner, that's for sure. I continue to search for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

I hope Dr Ferg reads these comments. If she does she needs to listen to her patients and not speak over them. I can't get one full sentence out of my mouth any more without her speaking over me. If she would stop talking and listen.. her questions would be answered. She spends all of the visit reading past notations from her laptop or making new notations, very little face to face talking any more. I don't think she knows what humour is. I can't wait to get out of there because she is so chilly at times. She has been my doctor for decades but no longer has the warmth and caring personality she once did. If there were more doctors taking new patients I would find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

The only thing Dr. Ferg seems to care about is her own agenda. As long as your visits serve her interests you will be fine. Should you have another opinion that differs from hers or chose to deviate from her plan for you, look out for some very poor behavior on her part and the part of her office staff. I am very happy that I made the decision to switch Dr's when I did and didn't end up delivering my first child under her 'care' or lack there of.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr Ferg was my OBGYN for the first 3 months. This is my first pregnancy. When my husband and I found out that the baby was healthy, I then decided to meet with a midwife as I wanted a less clinical and more integrated natural approach to my birthing experience. The mid wife assured me that Dr’s and midwives work in a very collaborative setting in Victoria and Dr’s do not get upset with patients when they decide for themselves what kind of birthing experience they want and switch to a midwife. This made me feel better as I felt uneasy because i really didn’t want Dr Ferg to feel offended in anyway. I decided to keep my next apt which was in 2 weeks time from that day so that I could personally thank her for walking me through the first stressful 3.5 months and explain the switch wasn’t anything personal and it was just that I wanted MY personal birthing experience to be less clinical and the more natural integrative experience. The midwife then sent in the requisition form to have my records send to their office. The following day I started to develop a bladder infection. I tried for 2 days to treat it naturally but I failed to get it under control. I then called The Sitka health center at 9 am to make an apt. The office booked me in with Dr. Ferg for a 1pm appointment. It was made clear that it was concerning a painful bladder infection. About an hour before my apt I received a call from Dr. Ferg’s Office Admin to inform me that Dr. Ferg would not see me. When I asked why they said it was because I had sent a requisition form to have my medical file transferred to the midwife and that I was therefore no longer her patient. I was absolutely shocked. I asked if they were sure i couldn’t come in and see her quickly and reiterated that i was in pain. They made it clear that she would not see me for any reason, period. I was suddenly very satisfied with my decision to change Dr’s. Later that day, after I had been in to see a Dr at a walk in clinic and had cooled off a bit, I rang the Sitka health center one more time to request that Dr. Ferg please call me back in order to clarify the situation. A few hours later I received a call once again from the office Admin staff informing me that Dr. Ferg would not be calling me back as I was no longer a patient of hers. I am appalled that a so called medical professional believes that this is appropriate and professional conduct towards a, albeit former patient, still a person who was under her ‘care’.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

She was very rude and showed no compassion at all for my situation.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Ferg was my doctor for many years when my children were young. She saw us through many medical challenges with the same down to earth approach. I've moved to another city and really miss her support. She is straight forward and professional. If I had to wait, I knew it was because she was giving another patient the time they needed as she always did the same for me.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Great doctor - knowledgeable, friendly, thoughtful, and dedicated.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Her staff were pleasant and warm and welcoming (not overly so but definitely not rude miserable receptionists) and owned their roles. The Dr. was always punctual, and took the time to call me late in the evening to check up on how I was doing after complications. I liked her direct style, she gave me time to answer and to ask questions, and even to just talk about how I was feeling. It was a positive few visits I had with her as my new Dr., after moving to Victoria.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017