Ratings for Dr. Chris Vanvuuren

This doctor has a keen understanding of how to diagnose the issue in a consise method.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

In my search for a good doctor I had not foumd one until Dr. V, He has a great bed side manner and cares about his patients. Since seeing him I have had all my medical concerns met, and he very busy but always is there to listen. His staff has always been helpful and very nice.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

I have never experienced such poor communication and unreasonableness from staff in a medical office. Based on the signs posted around the office discouraging patients from using medication as intoxicants, I suspect the staff is used to a rather rough clientele. My sense is that they have little respect for these people and I got a taste of what it must be like to be such a patient.<br>I went to Dr. VanVuuren because of painful stomach cramps. The symptoms were unusual and required some special tests. I waited a few months for the tests. After the tests, I was never contacted so I called a few months later to find out what the results were. They told me, "Oh, it's fine. The tests showed there is no problem." I had several painful attacks in the meantime, so it was quite frustrating to hear my doctor's staff tell me glibly that there was no problem. I wanted to speak with the doctor, but I wasn't allowed without an appointment. To me, this is an unacceptable standard of medical care.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Horrible office staff; mediocre doctor. He has excellent bedside manner -- very pleasant personality, but he's happy to only write prescriptions and shoo both my wife and I out the door. In essence, he seems to want to treat the symptoms, not the cause of them. My wife and I have had recurring issues, and had to remind him of them in relation to current conditions. He also does a poor job reassuring or explaining his take on an illness. He also refuses to give any assurances or advice when it comes to treatment being offered by specialists. I don't think either one of us has had an office visit last longer than 3 minutes. :-( Oh, did I mention the office staff at the clinic are miserable to deal with and listen to?

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

Sympathetic, helpful and cooperative. Nonjudgemental and effective in arranging for specialists when needed. We have been with him for 2 years and recommend him to others. Only drawback is his office location for us.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007

I really liked this doctor. He was very understanding and kind in helping me confront and deal with postpartum depression after my daughter was born. Never made me feel ashamed or "crazy". Helped me get the best treatment that bascially turned me life around. Thank you for your kindess!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Vanvuuren for almost two years now. I am very impressed with him as a family physician.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007