Ratings for Dr. Jerome V. Ponder

Doctor may be good but staff need to get o. Top of the needs of patrons and Dr ponde need to be with more communication with he's pations

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I will be looking for a new OB asap, I have never had an issue with Dr. Ponder himself but his staff is a joke. The "nurse" never calls back when you leave a message and when trying to get basic information as to why I was referred to a Perinatalogist I got no answer, causing me to worry/stress and think something was wrong with my baby and I wasn't being told why. I left the army hospital (Womack) due to poor care and now I am leaving All American OBGYN due to lack of care as well. The place may actually be decent in the future if he would get rid of his lazy/rude/ignorant staff!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

In Aug 2010 I gave birth to a little girl. I was having a c-section. Before going in the OR me, the nurse, my husband and Dr ponder were there we signed a paper staring that Dr ponder was doing a repeat c-section and get my tubes tied. After signing paper we got up and walked across to OR room. 6mths later I found out I was pregnant, I was 12 weeks along and lost the baby. Came to find out he never tied my tubes but charged my ins. When my new Dr tried to get my records they only gave half and stated they must of lost the rest when transferring over to a new system. When I finally treating them with a law suit they gave me the rest of my records. Talking about trying to cover up his mistakes he had the date of child wrong. My birthday so many typos it was unreal. I will NEVER EVEN US THIS DR OR RECOMMEND HIM. not only did I have a bad experience but a close friend of mine did. But sadly due to his neglect she lost her baby 4 weeks before he was born and yes he was the cause. Her baby was d-celling... which mean baby heart rate was dropping and he sent her home and told her to lay on her left side. Days later she learned her baby was stillborn. No this man should never be able to practice medicine. His staff is just as evil as him. The whole place is evil. My advice is to check his background before ever letting this man touch you.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I had a hysterectomy in 2007 due to a 9-10 cm cyst in my uterus, it was suppose to be a total hysterectomy since ovarian cysts run in my family. Not only was this all verbalized but I saw my name on a white board and beside it was marked "total hysterectomy" After my surgery and while recovering in hospital, my husband and I mentioned something about my ovary, that is when the nurse said "oh only your uterus was taken out, you still have your ovaries" When we asked Dr Ponder, he was very nice but it was obvious he was "smoothing it over" and he just said the ovaries looked good and he cleaned them up some. In 2011 I went to a new OBGYN in the Charleston SC area (we had recently moved then) and I was getting my routine pap and within 1 minute of beginning the exam, the OBGYN spotted something and asked if I had had surgery, I told him of my hysterectomy. He did an ultra sound and I had a large mass on my ovaries. He was puzzled as to why I had such a large cyst if my ovaries supposedly looked good in 2007. I had to have surgery to remove the cyst which turned out to be a large mass and the obgyn surgeon wasn't sure how much if any of my ovaries he was able to get since the mass was covering over large areas. The mass was also stuck to my bladder and bowels. I also was diagnosed with severe endometriosis and the new obgyn commented that he couldn't believe whoever performed my hysterectomy did not know I had endometriosis, he said there is no way it would grow that fast since 2007 and it had to be there when I had my hysterectomy. Im on medication now for hormone issue. Dr Ponder was always nice and all but Im not so sure he was really in tune with my issues as a patient. I went to him on recommendation from my family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

As I sit and wait for this appointment I have realized that this will be my last visit. I walk in and Caroline is calling confirming appointment and I never got a call. She is very rude and should not be a secretary especially for women whose hormones are all over the place. I will never come back again. I've doctor is good but he needs better staff who follows Hippy guidelines and care about the health and well-being of patients that come through the door.The last visit they wanted to admit me in the hospital and she was just so rude. Like I said to get a rating of the best Obgyn in Fayetteville again they should get rid of that lady in front making people blood pressure rocket sky high.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

This was my first pregnancy and I had nothing but issues with this office.The wait was extremely long and when I did get into a room, I was treated very rudely by an incompetent midwife.I am not even sure why she was seeing me because I didn't request a midwife.Why was she allowed to write prescriptions when she has no clue on how to deal with issues such as diabetes?She was more concerned with me taking the medications than she was with the fact that I was able to keep my blood sugars down with a good diet and exercise.She just kept telling me that if I didn't take the medicine she prescribed that my baby could die when in fact if I would have taken the medicine the way she wanted me to, both of us could have died.I wanted to change offices then but because of insurance reasons I couldn't.I was told that I could request not to see her but she had already rubbed me the wrong way.I have since found another doctor's office and will never use this office again.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Dr. Ponder, in my opinion is very nice and professional... however, there is a problem with wait times in his offices. In addition, I tend to have to call the office about 3 or 4 times to get a response or information I need. I was pregnant in April 2012, firs time ever, after years of trying... I lost the baby. Come to find out, they did not test my progesterone levels, which knowing they were low could have saved my pregnancy... they claimed 'we ordered it, I don't know why they didn't test it' - not what a woman who just lost a baby wants to hear. I'm giving them a second chance and I truly hope they prove everyone, and me wrong.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

Where shall I begin with the unwarranted antics displayed by Dr. Ponder and felt by a 25-year old female with a cerclage. Void of many important details leading up the event, the fact is Dr. Ponder is rude, unprofessional, and unsympathetic to listening to his patient's concerns. To date, this female has been in pre-term labor for five days and he refuses to remove the cerclage until an exact 36 week point has been met. Her past pregnancies reveal "never" going beyond 32 weeks - with a cerclage mind you. In the hospital, she had dialated 2 cm, was given mg sulfate and painkillers in an attempt to stop the labor. Well, three days later, she is still in pre-term labor w/contractions occurring 1-2 min. apart. Becasue CFVMC doesn't know her history, they listen to Dr. Ponder and will not induce her. Four days until she hits the 36 wk mark and is constantly and consistenly tormented with pain. He walked out of the hospital room and never returned, when the nurse contacted him, he said

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

the most incompetent doctors office there is. not only is the staff rude, unwilling to help, they can do their job and when the mess up they blame it on you. if you are looking forward to waiting four hours past you scheduled appointment time, being asked personal questions repetitively in front of other patients, having a dr. tell you I am sorry I wasn’t listening to you earlier once you catch him repeating things you have already told him, then this is the place to go. by far the worst first experience. giving another chance the large scheduling woman insisted we not call her but she will call us to set up the surgery, never called. she was giving our number three times to verify after she had me write it down. then after calling repetitively to try and schedule the surgery they never help only saying they will callback. finally pushing me to another doctors office and telling them I couldn’t work with their schedule, when I was looking for any possible date.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

On Friday, the 13th of May I had a partial hysterectomy performed at Cape Fear Valley's Short Stay Facility. The care taken to make me comfortable and keep me calm was simply amazing. The nurses were wonderful, their bedside manner the best I have ever seen and for a person having surgery for the first time they made me feel as though I was there top priority. I absolutely love the new gown by Bair Paws with the ability to keep yourself warm or cool depending on your nature. It was comfortable and I never got cold as I have in the past in most hospitals. Dr. Jerome Ponder and his staff also deserve to be commended on their procedure and the care they gave me during my surgery. They were very personable and treated me with the utmost respect being sure to explain things before they happened and taking care to keep me comfortable through the entire process.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. Jerome V. Ponder's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1997)

Ameritas