Dr. Shawn O'Donnell

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shawn O'Donnell

My visit to Dr. O'Donnell was perfectly fine. No comment on the staff, nothing unusual but my interaction was limited. I was seen within a reasonable waiting time and was not rushed when I was in the room in any way. In fact, I had issues I needed to talk about that I hadn't indicated prior during the scheduling process and I was in no way rushed at all. He listened attentively and did not interupt or make any rash judgement. He's a nice guy, smart and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

He seriously misdiagnosed me (I had a broken nail but he said it was an infection), and it cost me three unnecessary courses of antibiotics which gave severe side effects, and I ended up in emergency room. Overall, I struggle almost a year from the consequences of this first, initial wrong diagnose.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I have had the misfortune of seeing Dr. O'donnell on two occasions this year for two separate issues. On the first occasion, Dr. O'Donnell diagnosed me with a UTI after two minutes of examination. While I may have had the symptoms, I am a 20 year old male, where the possibility of me having a UTI is less than 5%. Dr. O'Donnell did not do any further tests, he did not examine my body, my kidneys, or ask any relevant questions. His complete misdiagnosis led me to the Emergency room a couple of days later, finding out I likely had kidney stones. This past experience, I came into the office with a sore throat and fever. Dr. O'Donnell did not ask if I had a cold, did not examine my body, and worst of all, did not ask if I have any allergies. Despite me telling Dr. O'Donnell that I have a sensitive stomach, he prescribed me the most potent antibiotic, which is not the regular course of action for treating step throat. Furthermore, he did not even thinking taking a strep test was worthy of his time. I am not one to complain, but this doctor's practice is reprehensible.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

He is an awesome dr! I have had him for 6 years and have followed him to various locations because of his bedside manner. He takes time and care with his patients and explains your concerns, not rushing u out of his office. And most importantly he does not have signs all over his office that say one problem per visit all over his office. I trust his opinions and feel he is well read and updated on his information. Staff at his previous office were horrible and rude but not at his new findlay creek office. They are professional and prompt.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

keep away *I was one of his patients and what a waste of time he is I have MS and he sent me to a geriatrics neurologist.he terminated my wife for no reason.He doesn't follow through one sending patients to specialists. and most of all he is only as he puts it a part time familly physician, instead of beeing a doctor he would be much better in my opinion as a marketing salesman trying to sucker in patients.KEEP AWAY FROM HIM.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Love Dr. O'donnell. He listens, sends you to specialists when needed, easy to talk to and is thorough. Heard he'll be back Feb 2012 at Findlay Creek. Phew!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

I absolutely admire the Doctor (professionally) but can't say much for the staff though...very, very poor bedside manners (if any at all) negatively mouthy and rude. RARELY can you get through to a live voice there and I have actually had to drive down to the office just to make a simple appointment...that's just UN-acceptable. Dr. O'Donnell is an extremely intelligent and very friendly Doctor and has been such a great help to me. That's why I was soooo very surprised and upset that he is no longer practicing. It's very secretive whatever is going on. I wish him nothing but good luck!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr.O'donnell refered me to a neurologist for my condition that of beeing MS. I was not comfortable with the specialist informed dr O'donnell and he did nothing about my concerned I now have liver problems and so it seems I now have two problems. I am now questioning is ability to deal with specialists. Maybe I should move to another family doctor

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

This is the second time I have rated Dr. O'Donnell. I continue to be very happy with him. He is the best doctor I have had in 10 years. I admit I have been frustrated with his front desk staff over the years. They have been abrupt (when they answered the phone), lost requisitions to very important referrals, or my entire chart. I would be remiss if I did not recognize Dr. O'Donnell's new office manager, Ingrid. She is an absolute breath of fresh air - competent, professional and polite. Ingrid's efficiency combined with Dr. O'Donnell's expertise makes them a winning team.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

My family has been seeing Dr O'Donnell for a number of years and he has been excellent for us. The big problem right now is that we cannot make or change appointments at the Riverside location! Every time we call I receive a busy signal. One day I called every hour and I received a busy signal every single time. When I finally managed to get the appointment I sat in the waiting room (which was almost empty) and I noticed the receptionist was making personal calls 80% of the time! Not only that she disappeared several times. Once there was a line up of 4 people when the reception room was nearly empty! Your best bet is to make appointments in person because you won't get through on the phone.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Shawn O'Donnell's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients