Dr. Shawn O'Donnell

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shawn O'Donnell

Very poor service. Rescheduled appointments on me 3 consecutive times. Doctor is physically and mentally unavailable as he works in many different locations in the Ottawa area. Charge $75 for a request of your own chart onto USB. Ripoff! Staff is unresponsive and very rude. Don’t go to Care Medics in Ottawa on McArthur Ave.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

Dr O’donnel has been my family doctor for 6 months, and so far he has been amazing. He always gives you the space to talk about your issues, and never rushes. He also tries to handle issues himself before referring you to a specialist. Im glad I was connected to Dr O’Donnell through Healthcare-Connect and I look forward to keeping this relationship of trust going on. Im just sad that I get forced to see other doctors in walk ins because the waiting time for his appointments can be a bit lenghthy.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

i have had nothing but great experience with Dr. O'Donnell

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Wonderful doctor, took the time to address my kids' health problems without going by a cookbook which is what most Canadian doctors seem to do. Never dismissive with my concerns and speculations.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

My visit to Dr. O'Donnell was perfectly fine. No comment on the staff, nothing unusual but my interaction was limited. I was seen within a reasonable waiting time and was not rushed when I was in the room in any way. In fact, I had issues I needed to talk about that I hadn't indicated prior during the scheduling process and I was in no way rushed at all. He listened attentively and did not interupt or make any rash judgement. He's a nice guy, smart and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

He seriously misdiagnosed me (I had a broken nail but he said it was an infection), and it cost me three unnecessary courses of antibiotics which gave severe side effects, and I ended up in emergency room. Overall, I struggle almost a year from the consequences of this first, initial wrong diagnose.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I have had the misfortune of seeing Dr. O'donnell on two occasions this year for two separate issues. On the first occasion, Dr. O'Donnell diagnosed me with a UTI after two minutes of examination. While I may have had the symptoms, I am a 20 year old male, where the possibility of me having a UTI is less than 5%. Dr. O'Donnell did not do any further tests, he did not examine my body, my kidneys, or ask any relevant questions. His complete misdiagnosis led me to the Emergency room a couple of days later, finding out I likely had kidney stones. This past experience, I came into the office with a sore throat and fever. Dr. O'Donnell did not ask if I had a cold, did not examine my body, and worst of all, did not ask if I have any allergies. Despite me telling Dr. O'Donnell that I have a sensitive stomach, he prescribed me the most potent antibiotic, which is not the regular course of action for treating step throat. Furthermore, he did not even thinking taking a strep test was worthy of his time. I am not one to complain, but this doctor's practice is reprehensible.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

He is an awesome dr! I have had him for 6 years and have followed him to various locations because of his bedside manner. He takes time and care with his patients and explains your concerns, not rushing u out of his office. And most importantly he does not have signs all over his office that say one problem per visit all over his office. I trust his opinions and feel he is well read and updated on his information. Staff at his previous office were horrible and rude but not at his new findlay creek office. They are professional and prompt.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

keep away *I was one of his patients and what a waste of time he is I have MS and he sent me to a geriatrics neurologist.he terminated my wife for no reason.He doesn't follow through one sending patients to specialists. and most of all he is only as he puts it a part time familly physician, instead of beeing a doctor he would be much better in my opinion as a marketing salesman trying to sucker in patients.KEEP AWAY FROM HIM.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Love Dr. O'donnell. He listens, sends you to specialists when needed, easy to talk to and is thorough. Heard he'll be back Feb 2012 at Findlay Creek. Phew!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Shawn O'Donnell's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients