Ratings for Dr. Andrew Maitland

This man is outstanding !!! Hopefully you don't have to see him. But if need surgeon consider your self very very lucky to have him.. Liz and Karen also very good . I am both thankful n great full he was my doc.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Dr. Maitland is a surgeon who works with his heart and head, not his knife! He makes conscientious decisions keeping your health and recovery foremost. He speaks nothing but the truth and doesn't sugar coat or "dampen" the situation. I applaud him and his very skilled hands and thoughtful heart.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr Maitland and his staff at Foothills were both professional, efficient and friendly. We were kept in the loop every step of the procedure, and enjoy full quality of life after open heart surgery to repair mitral valve, Future medical students under Dr Maitland are privileged to learn from such a human, warm and caring man.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr. Maitland is brilliant. My father wouldn't be around if it wasn't for him. The staff, unfortunately, is condescending and rude - or at least one of the staff members, anyway. It has been years since my father has seen Dr. Maitland and I just received a call from his receptionist to book a follow up appointment. I didn't remember which office she was calling from because my dad has several doctors he goes to see. I simply asked what the follow up appointment was for and she laughed and repeated it was a follow up appointment. Her attitude afterwards was snobby and abrupt. Why is it so hard to find courteous, friendly staff in the health world these days? People have become so jaded and unhappy. This woman should find another job. She would be a great parole officer or debt collector.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I definitely felt in safe hands with Dr. Maitland. A busy surgeon, he took the time to explain the details of the operation and was more than helpful in responding to any inquiries I had. I consider myself lucky to have been referred to him and would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I was lucky to have Dr maitland as my surgeon. He did an awesome job, I'm back to doing what I love thanks to him and his team . I would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr. Maitland was and is an awesome heart surgeon. He took the time to listen to my questions and explained things to me in everyday language that I could understand. He put a mechanical heart valve in me in June 2014 and the scar left behind is small and hardly noticeable. I thank my lucky stars I was sent to him, and would recommend him to everyone. Keep up the great work Doc!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Maitland has saved my life on three occasions (I am 80). He is a terrific surgeon. I've (as a patient) observed him teaching interns: he's a fine teacher. He is totally honest about what's up with you as a patient. And he has a very nice, dry, sense of humour. If you have him as a surgeon you are very fortunate.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Maitland is an exceptional surgeon. He repaired my heart valve using a relatively new, less invasive procedure, and I now feel wonderful. I consider myself lucky to have been referred to him for my surgery. Without exaggeration, his incredible skill has extended my life and given me back my quality of life.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Talented as hell. I am seeing him for after-care from aortic surgery 16 years past. He knew my surgeon and knew my procedure intimately, having done thousands himself. This is a busy man, but he took time to talk, explain and get everything right. I am not sure why people think doctors are there to cuddle, they are there to fix things, sometimes after people having abused their body terribly.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013