Ratings for Dr. David Brook

Wonderful knowledgeable GP - I am blessed to be taken care of by him

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Absolutely excellent doc. A tribute to his profession

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr Brook is excellent by dealing with his patients with great knowledge, compassions and advice.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. David Brook worked with the pharmacist at the Richmond Medical Pharmacy to make an amazing compound which cured my medical condition.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Fantastic. Open-minded. Has helped many members of my family.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I moved from Victoria a couple years ago. After meeting with (and being accepted by) a local doctor in my new city, I implored Dr. Brook to take me back. Now when I need some medical intervention or opinion, I cheerfully drive the three hours to drop in at his clinic. He is far and away the best doctor I have met. He knows the answer to every question I have ever put to him, and I've approached him with some pretty esoteric things. On top of all that, a fine, caring, sensible human being. I can't imagine any way in which he could be better. Unless he moved up-island.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

We are so lucky to have Dr Brook. He understands that people have better things to do than visit the doctor. So if your there, it is for a good reason. He listens, asks questions, does the tests and follows up. He's always up to date on the latest medical information. Always a positive attitude and a smile. This man must never retire. What would my wife and I do. Wayne Pedersen

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

You only need to make an appointment for a full physical. You can make an appointment to have a pharmacist review your prescriptions and supplements. Dr Brook exceeds my expectations of a family doctor. I like the philosophy of his practice.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I'm so grateful to have Dr. Brooke as my GP. He listens, is attentive, considers the information I provide, does good assessments, appreciates my health goals, and provides great medical care. I'm guessing that one day he will want to retire but I really hope he can hold out another 60, 70 or so years.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

While he is a great doctor for the more older age group (being interested in geriatrics), I definitely cannot say the same thing if you are in the younger age group (15-60). He often cuts you off when trying to explain things and never asks if you have any more questions. I almost always find him saying "thanks for coming in" before I can even finish asking him my questions, where he seems insistent you leave the office as quickly as possible. Also, when diagnosing problems he likes to say that "you're fine" rather than inquiring for more details or making sure with tests, assuming that because you're in the younger age group nothing can be wrong with you. Now I realize that he is interested in geriatrics, but he is a general practitioner, and should treat ALL patients the same, no matter their age. This treatment and apparent ageism towards younger patients has always made me hesitant to visit him, but I have no choice but to do so.

Submitted January 17, 2014