Ratings for Dr. Anil Makkar

Dr Makkar and the staff at VCD are exceptional in every way. Dr Makkar has helped and supported me through TMJ issues and I am very grateful for his knowledge and his understanding. He is always available to help when you need him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

one of the most caring dentists that i have ever met. he explains dentistry in terms that you can understand. humble and an experienced doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

This doctor was taking out my tooth and during this the filling came out of the one next ... he actually chuckled as did his assistant. Then he stuck some filling in it like a flat surface. If you have a lot of money... this is the guy for you ...maybe... Not impressed!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I am so lucky he is in Truro! I moved from Ontario, and I was scared to find a new dentist. He is very good with freezing, did not feel a thing! He also explained my treatment at a level that I could understand. Also the hygienists at Victoria Court Dental are the best! Best Dental office ever!!! Thank You

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I am so lucky to have him as my dentist. He explains dental terms in a language that anyone could understand. His knowledge of the bite and TMJ pain has helped me to lead a normal life again. Thank you so much!!! I know he is very busy, and I was fortunate that I got to see him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

A great guy to deal with. a caring type of dentist. Ben Mclellan

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Dr Makkar is a tribute to what a dentist should be He investes in his practice continues his education Most Dentists discontinue to keep up with their education and technology I am glad Dr. Makkar continues to deliver state of the art dentistry to Truro area

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

I was very fortunate to be able to see Dr. Makkar for my headaches, i was taking 4 Advil a day, and my life was affecting my kids and my marriage.He had diagnosed my headaches due to TMJ problems, his team did an excellent job of explaining the treatment in a language that I could understand. He is a talented dentist with great knowledge about the treatment of TMJ.Since my treatment, I am no longer taking Advil, and my kids and my husband are getting to know the real me. It was difficult to get an appointment,because of his busy practice, but his treatment coordinator,Anne got me in right away due to the severity of my case.I am so glad that I did not have to fly to the US, when the treatment was available in my own province.Thank you to his team and to Dr. Makkar for letting me experience life again.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

He is one of the most advanced dentists that I have ever met. I lived in Ontario for 15 years , and then I moved to Nova Scotia 2 years ago.While living in Ontario, I must have visited at least 10 dentists for my TMJ issues, he is the first one to diagnose my case correctly, and I am so thankful to him , because I have not had a migrane headache since I have been treated. His team is well knowledgable and make you feel welcomed.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

I went to this dentist and he seemed like he just wanted to focus on selling me other stuff - all expensive stuff. He spent so much time recommending other things that he didn't really focus on the reason I was actually there.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2007