Ratings for Dr. Anil Makkar

Explains the procedure in terms I could understand. Excellent dentist.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Two weeks ago I saw my dentist on Dragons Den that basically saved my life. I saw Dr. Makkar 2 years ago and he had detected a lesion on my cheek. He quickly got me to see an Oral Pathologist in Halifax . The biopsy had revealed cancer. It was detected early and I am cancer free. I am so grateful to him .

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

He is the best dentist that I have ever experienced. His accomplishments with developing a bite for performance are absolutely amazing! I am proud to call him my dentist.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Met Dr. Makkar in my teens. He recommended a root canal on an upper right molar after I complained of a 'bump' in my gums over the molar. He directed me to wait one week and then return to his office to have the root canal 'sealed' after he told me he left holes in my tooth for the infection to 'drain'. He also recommended a root canal on the molar directly opposite the one he performed a root canal on, after I complained of a bump in my gums on the other side as well. I became very sick as a result, nearly died as a result of the infection and was misdiagnosed with several other medical issues before the root canal was 'redone' in 2006. I was informed the root canal was probably infected from the day it was performed. I did not have a root canal on the molar opposite and haven't to this day. I have never needed one. The bumps, that I noticed in my mid-late teens, were nothing more than my bones developing. I didn't need a root canal. In his own description of his new 'Dragon's Den endorsed' bite alignment 'technology' he says he fitted his patients with it first and THEN did research as to its safety and effectiveness. He's still full of himself. I also noticed he's been pushing this thing and networking since at least 2008.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr Makkar and the staff at VCD are exceptional in every way. Dr Makkar has helped and supported me through TMJ issues and I am very grateful for his knowledge and his understanding. He is always available to help when you need him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

one of the most caring dentists that i have ever met. he explains dentistry in terms that you can understand. humble and an experienced doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

This doctor was taking out my tooth and during this the filling came out of the one next ... he actually chuckled as did his assistant. Then he stuck some filling in it like a flat surface. If you have a lot of money... this is the guy for you ...maybe... Not impressed!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I am so lucky he is in Truro! I moved from Ontario, and I was scared to find a new dentist. He is very good with freezing, did not feel a thing! He also explained my treatment at a level that I could understand. Also the hygienists at Victoria Court Dental are the best! Best Dental office ever!!! Thank You

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I am so lucky to have him as my dentist. He explains dental terms in a language that anyone could understand. His knowledge of the bite and TMJ pain has helped me to lead a normal life again. Thank you so much!!! I know he is very busy, and I was fortunate that I got to see him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

A great guy to deal with. a caring type of dentist. Ben Mclellan

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011