Ratings for Dr. Shane Kasner

Used to be great. Even recommended others to him in the past. Now, if you catch him on a bad/busy day you will regret it. Lately he usually isn't even prepared to discuss any details of your health history. Staff seems equally grumpy/overworked. Appreciated his attention to detail when I started as a patient years ago. Most likely will become an ex-patient soon because of these negative trends. I think he could be a great physician. Hopefully he will find his way back to greatness soon.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Used to be awesome, but is way over booked these days. is in a rush all the time and always 30 minutes behind at least

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

His nurse is not friendly, and not very personable, always very short with you and sometimes just down right rude. Dr. Kasner on the other hand is awesome, almost always on time and never seems to hurry you through the appointment. If you can tolerate the nursing staff he is a great Doctor, my whole family has been seeing him for years.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

He always seemed like he was in a hurry and I felt rushed to give him my information. I finally got tired of it and switched to Dr. Harmon---excellent move. He knows his stuff, but doesn't have the patient report for it to be maximally beneficial

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

I went in for a physical and everything was fine but my blood pressure was just barely over the normal line. He kept having me come in every month to check it again, even though when I check it at home it was within the normal range. I went back 4 times, paying $100 per visit just for him to check my blood pressure and do nothing about it. Will never go back to him again.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

I've seen Dr Kasner for the last 4 years and he's been awesome

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

prescribed wrong medication... TWICE! I ended up using an OTC med that worked better than his prescription. Doesn't really talk to you about your issues enough to understand the real problems... only enough to cure the symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Kasner for 8 years now and my son has been seeing him since he was born 6 years ago. I have been very pleased with his service and he has always been able to get us in the same day if needed.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Dr. Shane Kasner's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Oxford