Ratings for Dr. Falah Maroun

Best doctor ever. My wife had surgery in 2000 for meningioma. The only other doctor that I met of that calibrator was, oncologist, Dr. Lodovico Balducci, at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL in 2015 when my mother had treatment. She was given a full recovery. In NL she was given 6 months.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Maroun has saved my life multiple times. He's always been the one right at the bedside to speak to me or my family. Even now being half retired he spent countless hours at my bedside or coming to the OR to see how everything was going. Love this man

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Maroun for about 15 years, one time per year, for a meningioma and each time prior to seeing him I'm a bag of nerves, but when I leave his office I feel awesome and do not worry one bit until the next checkup one year later! This Dr. knows his stuff ...bottom line!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I am in severe pain and he done two back surgeries . No help after surgeries. His comment to me. I do not deal with pain,. So I guess if he does your surgeries, hope you don't run into problems. Next step miler centre for pain management. Learn to live with your pain!!! Don't give up and denial of care for a patient, is not acceptable. I have suffered 7 years and research and technology as gave me the answer . Nobody as to live with chronic severe pain. There is technology but not in Nl that can help . Do research and don 't give up . There is help for those who suffer day in and day out with chronic pain . God Bless

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

The best and most dedicated neurosurgeon on the planet!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

First time I saw him, he was polite. The other few times, not so nice. He brought in a lot of interns without my knowledge or permission or even proper introduction. Felt bombarded alone with them. Almost tricked as I thought I was seeing him. Otherwise, he could not help much with my problem just ordering physio after physio was done.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

An angel..... After being diagnosed six years ago with a Brain Tumor... I was in awe and thought my life was over. After CT Scans and the reassurance of this Doctor, he told me that it was benign... I am still here and he thoroughly rechecks on a year basis. He has been so comforting and uplifting. Thank God for Dr. Mauroun.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr.Maroun did my operation 11 years ago.I have seen him at least once a year since.He has always been there to answer my questions.To me he is and always will be the best Neurosurgeon Newfoundland has ever had.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

He did my first operation[9 yrs ago]on my back & it was good,butIhave problems again in my back he has been very helpful he's thinking I may need a fusion,I have no problem getting it providing he does it, he says he won't be doing it but will be there when it's being done.he's the only one I have any faith in

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

I waited 8 months to see this specialist and after the first question, he told me that I was seeing the wrong doctor and asked me if I had blood work done. My family doctor did not send me for blood work and then he left me in the room with unanswered questions. After 10 minutes, a resident came into the room and asked me why I was still here because the doctor was finished with me. I asked the resident what am I suppose to do now and he said I would get a call but he didn't know from who. I waited all those months to see the wrong specialist and the least he could have done was to refer me to the right doctor and not have to wait another 8 months. My family doctor did not get a call from him to tell her what my next option is and she wants to wait to hear from Dr. Maroun. This is outragious.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010