Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan

5 1 2.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan

Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan's Ratings

Dr Yegappan did not take my concerns about preterm labor seriously. She was very callous when I told her about my concerns of prematurely delivering my baby at 28 weeks. She refused to even consider putting me on modified duties at work. She actually told me I need to have a better work ethic!!!! I'm a health care professional with a masters degree who has worked fulltime my whole life! I promptly switched to the OBGYN who had seen me in L&D and she immediately put me on bedrest. Thank goodness I had the medical knowledge to disagree with her. I question her ability to provide safe care to obstetrical patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

She has absolutely no bed side manner and I visited with her 4-5 times receiving the same rude abrupt manner. She bullied me into have a procedure that I was unsure if I wanted it and she shoved a rod up inside me, I was screaming for her to take it out and when she finally did she showed me and said now that wasn't all that bad. She said she had to check for cancer because I was having problems with my periods. I had no cancer and I decided to change my diet to a vegan lifestyle and my periods are back to normal and I am very well now. However I have noticed after she preformed her little torturous exercise I have had trouble holding my pee, it may not be related but I do not trust her one bit.
I felt like she has a problem with woman and wants to inflict as much pain on them as possible, how sad that is considering she is a woman.
I would never ever go back to her and I would never recommend her to any woman I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2852591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

She is a very harsh, rude, rough woman who treats patients like they are not as good as her. I would not go back to her if she were the last doctor on the planet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

she is shameless lady and she ruin my case and I hate her

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I went for a routine pap smear with Dr.Yegappan. I was so nervous after reading the reviews here, but the pap test went very well.

My only issue? I have a lot of anxiety. I had to ask my doctor to get a referral as it's been a few years. So after not hearing back from my doctor's office, I call them. They tell me they have yet to hear from her office. Then I get a call from my doctor's office telling me I had missed an appointment! An appointment I never knew I had since I wasn't contacted by either place. I re-book through my doctors office, and come to Dr.Yegappan's office, only to be told that my appointment had been the day before! I was certain my doctor's office had told me the day I went! I don't know where the miscommunication happened but for someone with horrible anxiety I almost had an attack right there and then! I really wanted that appointment.

Thankfully, Susan? Susan I think, believed me and they managed to fit me in. I had to wait a little but I was grateful!

Dr.Yegappan was good with me. She sat me down and went through the form I had written. She seemed like she cared a lot. When she did a breast exam, she explained everything she was going to do.

I always get nervous at such things so I wore a skirt and she let me leave the skirt on so I felt more comfortable.

I'm not sure about how clean the place is. But overall I'm satisfied and if you're doing a routine pap you have nothing to fear.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I owe my life to Dr Yegappan! My first pregnancy i got very sick and my baby didnt make it (not because of her...i was seeing another obgyn) she was caring and understanding and so supportive for me and my husband when we lost our baby. I went to her for my second pregnancy and she was fantastic! Did whatever i asked and was never bothered when i would call to ask questions and i never felt rushed during appointments. My second pregnancy was successful because of her! Yes you wait awhile for her but I assume she is at the hospital delivering babies. I feel ppl are too sensitve..she is straight to the point and doesnt sugar coat. And really ppl..she is about to see all of your lady parts and you are offended that she doesnt leave? Again too sensitive!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Have people forgotten that the Dr is human too. She is a pro at what she does,, everyone deserves forgiveness. Yes she can be abit reserved or to the point but she has got a lot going on in her brain, she thinks about everything for all her patients.& the most pressing situations gets her attention first,,when I first went to see her I truly didn't like her & I was scared of her,,she did what she needed to do for me & didn't speak much or elaborate on thing like I wanted her to. Which was for my own selfishness,.Than on a day I had an appointment & she wasn't crazy busy with patients I saw her smile & even laugh .thats when it hit me that she's human,just like us & how do we behave when we are stressed out & overwhelmed? Do we have time for small chat or anyone who might be wasting our time? Especially when we are overwhelmed. I never looked at her the same after that day. She delivered 2 of my children & I definitely would recommend her..As soon as I changed my attitude about her,we had a wonderful relationship..my pregnancies had problems but with her on my side I had no worries. I prefer my Dr to be efficient & knowledgeable than to have proper manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Was directed here by idiot doctor who overdosing on antibiotics caused my first ever UTI in my 28 years of life [got so severe became a kidney infection]. She was on time, didn't understand the fact that I have NEVER had any problems with my period since I started bleeding when I was 13 and yet after idiot doctor & UTI I haven't had a period since. Her answer - go on the pill which causes MORE problems than it fixes.

Even after explaining I'm not sexual active - and this weight has been with me for 12 months due to a knee that handicapped my fitness - she is still insistent it's nothing, loose weight or go on the pill. When she gets my blood work back, basically washes her hands of me and says talk to my doctor.

So what's her profession then? Thanks quackzilla.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Rude, gives you barely any privacy, force-full, the list goes on. If you don't like being treated like an emotionless inanimate object, not recommended for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

The last time I visited this doctor was my first and last all rolled into one. I was a teenager, and was having problems with my period staying regular. She arrived to the appointment late. Was not very friendly considering I had never met her before. She recommended I go on birth control, which was not an issue. The entire visit, she had her back turned to me, and seemed more interested in the wall then me. At some point through out the visit, she outright told me I was fat, and needed to loose weight. I was nearly in tears as soon as those words came out of her mouth. At the time I may have weighed around 160 pounds. I was shocked, offended and that was the last time I ever saw her, thankfully. I have never met someone so harsh in this field. I would not let her examine me if she were the last doctor on earth. Awful manners, no heart, and just plain rude.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1295866].votes_count ]]