You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

about 12 years ago I went to her because I had a pap come back negative. She was very straight forward and didn't leave the room for me to disrobe. She said we know what we are here for. The one good thing was that with her camera scope thing she did show me the spot that needed to be removed. She told me I needed to have a biopsy done and I thought I would have to come back for that. She then told me I'd feel a little pinch..... Right! Darn near had to peel me off of the ceiling. Not sure if that is proper procedure but it was done. She told me I was done and to get dressed. I got dressed and stood up to open the door to ask the nurse for a pad as the doctor did Not give me one or tell me I would need one for this appointment and bleed through my clothes. Had to have the spot removed by chryo surgery and all she told me was they freeze it and not to worry. It wasn't until the day of the amazing nurse that assisted explained it all to me. I was freaking that it was going to be like the biopsy. It was not. The doctor was very nice, very compassionate and very thorough that day. She's a no nonsense kind of lady but I'm not sure that I would go back to her.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

While i was in labor 2009 my baby was stuck instaed of giving me a Csection like my husband insisted she did a vacuum n my daughter was born with prachial plexus which means she has nerve damage to her arm she is a horrible evil dr no compassion always in a rush....

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Ended up storming out of her office. My family Dr is a male and he referred me to yegappan for my first pap and a renewal of my birth control pills. I was 15 yrs old at the time. My mother was asked to sit in the waiting room and I was given a questionnaire by myself I the office. When yegappan finally showed up she read my answers and asked if I was sexually active. I explained that I was not and that my mum wanted me on the pill "just in case" as her first pregnancy happened when she was 16. Yegappan then told me that I don't need birth control and refused to renew my prescription. She is irresponsible and does not listen to her patients. Also, while she was on call at emergency in gngh, my brother went in with swollen tonsils and difficulty breathing. Without telling him anything other than "open wide" she sliced both of his tonsils with a scalpel. He was choking on pus and blood while he yelled at her in the middle of the er. Terrible Dr. Not sure how she got her license.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I have not been back to this woman in a few years after the experiences I had with her. After my second visit, I made an appointment for the next year since otherwise I would possibly forget to call to make one. The receptionist scheduled me with no problem. When I went for the appointment, I found the office closed. When I called a month or so later, I found out that she had gone on vacation. I would have thought the receptionist would have called to reschedule and let me know they were closed. When I finally got to see her, I mentioned her vacation and my appointment. She apologized (somewhat). So I again after this visit scheduled another appointment for the next year. Can anyone believe she did the same thing again. No call! After that visit she told me not to come back for 2 years. I thought they should take pap smears up to any age. I never went back. She is rude.and full of her own importance.Her main goal seems to be delivering babies, and if that is the case she should get right out of gynecology. I would NEVER recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Yegappan did not take my concerns about preterm labor seriously. She was very callous when I told her about my concerns of prematurely delivering my baby at 28 weeks. She refused to even consider putting me on modified duties at work. She actually told me I need to have a better work ethic!!!! I'm a health care professional with a masters degree who has worked fulltime my whole life! I promptly switched to the OBGYN who had seen me in L&D and she immediately put me on bedrest. Thank goodness I had the medical knowledge to disagree with her. I question her ability to provide safe care to obstetrical patients.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

She has absolutely no bed side manner and I visited with her 4-5 times receiving the same rude abrupt manner. She bullied me into have a procedure that I was unsure if I wanted it and she shoved a rod up inside me, I was screaming for her to take it out and when she finally did she showed me and said now that wasn't all that bad. She said she had to check for cancer because I was having problems with my periods. I had no cancer and I decided to change my diet to a vegan lifestyle and my periods are back to normal and I am very well now. However I have noticed after she preformed her little torturous exercise I have had trouble holding my pee, it may not be related but I do not trust her one bit. I felt like she has a problem with woman and wants to inflict as much pain on them as possible, how sad that is considering she is a woman. I would never ever go back to her and I would never recommend her to any woman I know.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

She is a very harsh, rude, rough woman who treats patients like they are not as good as her. I would not go back to her if she were the last doctor on the planet.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

she is shameless lady and she ruin my case and I hate her

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Methulaksmi Yegappan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Since her secretary Suzanne left the office is not the same. She was definitely the compassionate one. Not the doctor. Rethinking going back"

December 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "about 12 years ago I went to her because I had a pap come back negative. She was very straight forward and didn't leave the room for me to disrobe. She said we ..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Useless doctor with a very unclean office and she re uses the same sheets for every patient! Discusting!!! "

November 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "While i was in labor 2009 my baby was stuck instaed of giving me a Csection like my husband insisted she did a vacuum n my daughter was born with prachial plex..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Ended up storming out of her office. My family Dr is a male and he referred me to yegappan for my first pap and a renewal of my birth control pills. I was 15 ..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have not been back to this woman in a few years after the experiences I had with her. After my second visit, I made an appointment for the next year since ot..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Yegappan did not take my concerns about preterm labor seriously. She was very callous when I told her about my concerns of prematurely delivering my baby at..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "She has absolutely no bed side manner and I visited with her 4-5 times receiving the same rude abrupt manner. She bullied me into have a procedure that I was ..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She is a very harsh, rude, rough woman who treats patients like they are not as good as her. I would not go back to her if she were the last doctor on the plan..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "she is shameless lady and she ruin my case and I hate her"

May 18, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I went for a routine pap smear with Dr.Yegappan. I was so nervous after reading the reviews here, but the pap test went very well. My only issue? I have a l..."

March 6, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I owe my life to Dr Yegappan! My first pregnancy i got very sick and my baby didnt make it (not because of her...i was seeing another obgyn) she was caring and ..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Have people forgotten that the Dr is human too. She is a pro at what she does,, everyone deserves forgiveness. Yes she can be abit reserved or to the point but ..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Was directed here by idiot doctor who overdosing on antibiotics caused my first ever UTI in my 28 years of life [got so severe became a kidney infection]. She w..."

December 27, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Rude, gives you barely any privacy, force-full, the list goes on. If you don't like being treated like an emotionless inanimate object, not recommended for you..."

December 9, 2014