Ratings for Dr. Damon J. Underwood

Outstanding Doctor, he took extra time to explore my illness and proper medication. He has a excellent bedside manner and listened to the patient. I was very pleased to have him as my doctor. He is an asset to, and represents CHP well. Thanks for a Job well done!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I call him my 3 minute doctor. He usually doesn't stay in the room for more than three minutes. Has kept me waiting up to 1 1/2 hours to follow up on a test he ordered only to learn he could have told me the non issue results over the phone. Nice enough guy but always seems that his mind is somewhere else thinking about something more important than me.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Underwood rushed me through my visit, didnt take the time to listen to me and was in a hurry to get rid of me! I was very unhappy. I was susspose to make a follow up appt. in 3 months for follow up bloodwork and vist recheack, but i think i am going to change primary care dortor!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Underwood over prescribed my father's steroid medication for his shoulder injury. Following his prescription the steroids began deteriorating my fathers hips forcing him into a full double hip replacement which burdened my family with the cost of surgery as well as taking away my fathers legs. Our legal action was haulted due to a death of the lead witness and the statute of limitations fell through. Damon Underwood is a horrible doctor and if he was a good man he would resort to a different profession

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

My mother ended up in rehab after Dr Underwood over presribed her to Xanax, and a ton of other prescriptions. She carries a makeup bag around full of different prescriptions she is supposed to take. I accept that my mother can be a handful at times but I believe that it is the doctors responsibility to monitor his/her patients progress. I dont think a walking around like a zombie is progress. She has since switched doctors and we have been able to ween her off of most of the (what my family feels are) unneccessary meds. She is doing much better now.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Dr. Damon J. Underwood's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Workers Comp