Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Delgado

1st trip couldn't be more greatful to all staff especially nurse and dr nich

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

My mother has been a patient for years & has gotten the best of care. We have had to call him numerous times after hours and have always gotten him. Connie is super & office staff has always been very helpful also. Couldn't do without them.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Delgado and Connie are wonderful. He has been taking care of me for more than 15 years. I am able to discuss anything with him. He has always been there when I've needed him and I trust him implicitly. He has always been genuinely interested in my well-being and care. Yes, there are a couple staff members who are routinely less-than-friendly; yes, sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get Connie to return a call; and yes, on a few occasions I have had to wait a long time after my scheduled appointment (I don't know of any medical treatment place where you don't on occasions); but, I simply can't imagine having anyone else treat me. They are incredibly overworked and go beyond to ensure everyone is treated. There are only two things that would cause me to stop seeing Dr. Delgado: he retires or I die. I'm almost glad when I get sick.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Delgado has been my Primary Care Physician since my retirement from the Army. The business has had to hire three times as many admin people since Obamacare went into law. The Office is overwhelmed with regulatory requirements and I believe that does have an impact on attitude. I have had a very good relationship with Dr. Delgado over the years and will continue to do so until I depart this place for a much better place above. I especially salute Dr. D for doing so much volunteer work for the community and prison system. Knowledgeable, Professional, and as prompt as he can be. Thumbs up Dr Nick.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

The staff doesn't answer the phone between 11-1:30pm and doesn't leave an option for you to leave a voice message. Dr. Delgado's office has a poor bedside manner. He is a nice and friendly person, but doesn't listen to you, and often is in the room for less than 2 minutes during a visit. Somehow it takes an hour of sitting in the waiting room and then another 30 minutes in the patient room before he visits. Perhaps the pharma sales reps get higher priority? He's also very quick to prescribe antibiotics for everything. I went in for stept throat symptoms and they didn't even take a culture. I've also had consistent problems with trying to get prescriptions refilled. The pharmacy has had to send numerous faxes and you have to contact his nurse several times before the prescription is filled. The staff is friendly, but their performance is terrible.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

no physical exam, usually diagnoses ailments from across the room no one usually checks vitals or weight even when related to visit revolving door staff consistantly rude and incompetant. dr is much more interested in throwing meds at you than in diagnosing your problem. used to be a much more caring dr. i intend to go elsewhere

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

The staff here is awful. They kept me on hold for over 5 minutes only to send me to a full voicemail. When I called back I was put on hold again! And that was just one of the times I called, as it's happened before. While in the office I've witnessed the staff make multiple mistakes like "misplacing" files, asking to make another copy of something that was just done and my favorite - completely ****ing my name on my file. Good thing I caught the mistake or my file may have been "misplaced"! I once waited for almost an hour over my appointment time (scheduled at least a month in advance). Dr. Delgado himself is very kind and doesn't appear to be in a rush. However, he suggested I take pain meds (for the rest of my life!?) instead of have something checked out more thoroughly and possibly do physical therapy. And even more irritating, he does not perform yearly paps/physicals so you can get birth control (religious reasons).

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

He never listens to what you TELL him. He always seems like there is somewhere he'd rather be.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

Dr. Delgado is one of the most wonderful doctors I've ever met, but he and his staff seem to put no importance on following up on issues when you are not actually in the office. I required a great deal of interaction between his office and my insurance company and he/his staff would consistantly delay the information the insurance company needed until the last minute; then, with over a month's notice, they waited until six(6) days after the deadline to send in the information. Had I not prepared for just such an occasion based on the prior delays, I would have been hard pressed to pay bills and buy groceries for the month.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

Dr. Nicholas Delgado's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1992)