Ratings for Dr. Fred Freedman

Grateful to have Dr. Fred Freedman as our family doctor for decades. Generous, kind, caring and way too funny.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I have been lucky to have Fred as my GP since the late 1980's. Fred is a top notch physician. He acts in a proactive manner and gives you straight talk. And he gives you time for talk, unlike so many physicians who cycle through patients in mere minutes to maximize their incomes.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Freedman for years. He is very kind, caring and has a great sense of humor. He always takes the time to answer all of my questions. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Fred Freedman since arriving in Toronto approx. 34 years ago. Prior to seeing Dr. Freedman I saw Dr. Miriam Garfinkle at The Spadina Health Team that they both founded. My treatment with this team has been outstanding. Dr. Freedman is a wonderful physician who is highly knowledgeable about all health matters. He is also adept at recognizing the need for care by a specialist if it is warranted. In September I went through a cardiac crisis and The Spadina Health Team and Dr. Freedman have all been extremely helpful, supportive and highly skilled at dealing with my particular health needs at this point in my life (I am now 60 years old and have a variety of health challenges that require ongoing care).

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

The family has been with Dr Fred Freeman for over 25 years, he is one of the best doctors and the the team at Spadina health centre are all great.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I have been a patient at the Spadina Health Centre since it opened in 1981 . The office is extremely well managed, with sufficient time allocated for appointments. I rarely have to wait and getting in on short notice is not a problem. However, for some people there is a downside to a capitation clinic. All doctor's visits and referrals must be done through them, otherwise you could be 'de-rostered' if you go to a walk-in clinic for example. Fred has been my doctor 20 years. His diagnostic skills are excellent and he is unfailingly professional, respectful, caring, and efficient with following-up. I was concerned about having a male doctor for the first time in my adult life, but he is gentle and respectful during physical examinations. He has a wicked sense of humour too. I appreciate how well Fred listens and his commitment not to waste OHIP resources on testing unless needed. The bottom line is that I trust Fred with my life. MG

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Been seeing Fred for about 30 years. Consummate pro and always a good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Freedman for over 30 years and he is awesome! He is very caring, knowledgable, has a fabulous sense of humour. He makes you feel like you are his best and most important patient. Dr. Freedman is also very accessible and approachable, and has never minimized or dismissed any medical conerns that I have raised. Thank you Fred!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I've been going to Fred for at least 30 years, and have had nothing but competent, caring treatment. The best!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Fred has been my doctor for over 30 years. He's a delight to visit, as he is knowledgeable and happy to engage in discussion about whatever you like. He'll try to talk you out of getting unnecessary tests, but will relent if it's very important to you. He is a very ethical guy to whom family is important, and whose primary motivator is clearly not money. This place is not run like a business, where you make appointments weeks in advance and then are expected to wait and say thank you; at Spadina Health Centre you'll be seen on short notice and on time. The staff are fantastic - polite and professional. Dr Fred unreservedly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013