Ratings for Dr. Peyton Riggs

Dr Peyton Riggs is lazy and a terrible doctor. My 90 year old Father went to him yesterday, (he already had a routine appt) But yesterday morning , before the appointment, my Father heard and felt a "pop" or crack in his left buttocks area. I called the office and spoke to 2 persons and asked them to tell the Doc to get an x-ray. Do you know that Dr Riggs did not have my Father remove his clothing to even look visually at the problem (for a blood clot? (maybe)), did not palpate the area with his hands as trained doctors would normally do, nor did he get an x-ray. Totally ignored my request. I went to see my Father in the afternoon and had him on ice, My dad could not remember the diagnosis, and Dr Riggs said it will take anywhere from 2 wks to 2 months to heal. How does he know that? I am a RN. Today my Father is much much worse. But what good would it do to call? Dr Riggs did not hospitalize my dad when he diagnosed him with pneumonia two months ago. My dad still has it. I am disgusted by this doctor and am reporting him to the Medical Board.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Depending on which day you catch him on, he's either willing to go the distance with treating your ailment, or rushes you out the door. For the most part he's a good doctor, but could have a bit better bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Dr. Peyton Riggs's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1988)

• BCBS Illinois