Ratings for Dr. Victor Chapnik

He's a busy doctor. I have found him to be kind and personable.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I have a lot of experience with doctors and I can honestly say Dr Chapnik is one of the bad ones. I'm glad many of his patients have done alright and are happy with his care. If you are looking for a doctor, take note of all the highly negative comments and reviews on Dr Chapnik, as these are serious cases which were not handled well under his care. You do not want this to happen to you if you are seriously I'll or have the potential to become so. Perhaps he's a good doctor if your not so sick? I will never take a chance with this doctor ever again, I deserve better. I'm guessing you do too.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Chapnik almost since the year he started practicing medicine. He is very thorough, professional, and a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

He has been my Dr. since he opened practice in Aurora. I find it hard to believe some of these negatives comments since I have seen him by appt or a walk in he is a very busy man but always been knowledge and no matter what the health issue I have had he is a good doctor and diagnosing problems or referring when need be. I trust him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

He has been my family doctor for years now, about 7. He is very knowledgeable and always seems to be well organized and on top of things. Great family doctor, patient with the kids and always polite and takes time to discuss and make sure you understand what he is saying and relating to you.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Our family and extended family have had many diverse ailments over 5 to 10 years and Dr victor as we call him has been attentive and always available to deal with our complaints. He is very smart and knows when to refer serious problems to a specialist as he did for my sister who has an ongoing disease. As a family doctor I would highly recommend him for all ages patients children and adults.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

In 2008 I took my wife to Dr. Chapnik's office because she had a temperature of over 105 F, a few days after giving birth. He sent us home with an anti-biotic for a nipple infection where she became even more ill. She died 3 days later from what turned out to be a hospital acquired infection. During a College of Physicians and Surgeons investigation I learned that he never even took her temperature. The College stated he did nothing wrong, which, unfortunately, is a typical verdict from this board. This man was arrogant and heartless, defending his mistake, and clearly a bad doctor. She might have been saved in time if he had read her temperature and realized the danger she was in. I so regret trusting this man.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I have been going to Dr, Chapnik for about 5 years and have never had any problems with him or office - just a good experience. He is great at diagnosing problems and has gotten my whole family from infants to seniors on the healthy road. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I am trying to write this at a time when I am less angry. Dr. Chapnik has been our family doctor for a number of years. I recently changed family doctor's for myself and my kids. My wife continues to see him. I have spoken to Dr. Chapnik on multiple occasions to inform him that my wife suffers from a serious addiction to prescription painkillers. In his opinion I don't have an MD behind my name so I am not qualified to make a diagnosis. So using that same logic I guess you have to be a doctor to know you are living with an alcoholic?! He continues to prescribe the pills to her even though they have caused immeasurable suffering to our whole family, my wife included, for a decade and a half now. I honestly can't believe the arrogance he displays. He hides behind patient confidentiality. I get the strong feeling that rather then look for other solutions for her migraines he continues to give her pills because he doesn't want to listen to me. Please be careful if seeing him for pain!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. chapnik's for about 5 years or maybe 4 since moving to Aurora. If i had done a review a few years ago it might be just as negative as some of the other comments. HOWEVER, alot has changed. I was initially just going to read other reviews but i think the negative comments don't hold up in 2013. I decided i should create an account just to defend him.....He's been very professional and helpful... The staff is alot better, they DID have unfriendly and incompetant staff a few years ago but not now. ANd they are not unorganized like they were. I can only speak for myself, but i think he really knows his stuff...lol, ok he's supposed to, but i mean he has been thorough with me....and friendly. I noticed that they seem to be swamped with patients, and at times it can get hectic. He is NOT punctual, but that would be my only complaint. And Dr. trevor Berns has been excellent when Dr. chapnik has been away. I would recommend him now....no question.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013