You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Bakish

I was serving in the Canadian Forces and suffered from PTSD as a result of a tour in Afghanistan. This man never spent more than 15 minutes with me for any appointment. I was looking for therapy and all I received was prescription after prescription. All he cares about is drugs. I wouldn't go to him if he was the last psychiatrist in the world. Once I quit the drugs and started effective therapy my symptoms and conditions improved immensely.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

As with most doctors if you are prepared with a clear explanation and prompt questions you will have a better experience with the Doctor. He has always had time for us, has answered questions fully and patiently. I also like his practice of offering more than one option in medication. As he says he's not a shrink he just fixes your drug issues. And at this he is the most knowledgeable there is. I 'm thankful we've had him see us. If he's a bit abrupt suck it up and say thanks for the knowledge. My only complaint would be we really need him now but he's nowwhere to be found.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Bakish is the worst psychiatrist ever. You cannot make a proper diagnosis in 10 minutes as Bakish tried with me too. I can say this because the next psychiatrist completely reversed Bakish's diagnosis saying there was NOTHING wrong with me except some bad life events and physical ailments and this was after spending 3 hours with me and an hour with my husband. Dr. Backish's ego does not like to be disagreed with because I indeed disagreed with him for 10 minutes unsuccessfully. I took his pills and the result was disastrous and I should have sued him. Avoid this psychiatrist you could be misdiagnosed with serious consequences or at least get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Made a diagnosis in 10 mins. Based on questions about my favourite foods, colours, etc. Prescribed very powerful anti-psychotic and anti-convulsants that had debilitating and horrifying side-effects. This man is a black mark on the profession.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Only believes in pills. Refuses to consider any other treatment for PTSD, even with proven studies backing CBT or other alternatives. Has caused more damage to an already broken person.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

How can someone in just 10 mins cure you? Pills,pills and more pills.....that's his answer to everything. Very unhappy with him overall...but yes, he's a nice guy.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Diagnosed me in less than 10 minutes. Everything he said ended up being proven wrong within a few months with other health-care providers who actually take the time to listen.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Bakish diagnosed me after a few minutes-and it was the wrong diagnosis. (he asked me what my favourite fruit and colour were!) Was prescribed a cocktail of drugs I did not need. The drugs aggravated my condition. Fortunately, someone got it right a couple years later!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Met this doctor for 15 min and told me the problem i have is that ive been given generic brand medication which has more side effect than the "real" medication!!! I recomend him highly

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Spoke inappropriately. Diagnosed after 10 min based on previous doctor's report. Disregarded any symptoms that didn't fit with diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr. David Bakish's Credentials

Veterans Administration

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I was serving in the Canadian Forces and suffered from PTSD as a result of a tour in Afghanistan. This man never spent more than 15 minutes with me for any appo..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As with most doctors if you are prepared with a clear explanation and prompt questions you will have a better experience with the Doctor. He has always had time..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bakish is the worst psychiatrist ever. You cannot make a proper diagnosis in 10 minutes as Bakish tried with me too. I can say this because the next psych..."

October 26, 2014