Ratings for Dr. Javad Sattarian

I just had surgery on my left foot to reconstruct the big toe and remove the bunion. Everything went very well. Dr. Sattari an was very informative and kind. His instructions were clear. I get my stitches out in a week. The foot feels really good the only pain I really had was on the 3rd day but it diminished quite significantly on the 4th day. The trick is to keep the foot elevated as much as possible and listen to your doctor. Thanks again Paulette

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Had shoulder surgery for a torn labrum years ago by this doctor. He said after arthroscopic surgery, I needed to return for major surgery as he wasn't able to do anything during arthroscopic surgery due to the damage. I returned months later for major surgery at Scarborough Grace Hospital. He said after surgery that I will be 100% within a few months post surgery. I followed his instructions and began physio therapy. As months went on, my pains were getting worse and were much worse than before surgery. At my subsequent appointments over the next 6 months or so, I told him something was wrong but he shrugged it off saying I'm just taking longer to heal even though I reiterated everything is much worse than before surgery and is still getting worse. I asked for some investigation like an x-ray to see if anything was wrong. He continually refused. I then got a new referral from my family doctor for another surgeon. This new surgeon looked at the images taken prior to any surgery and new images since. This new surgeon advised that the original damage was not very serious and should have been able to be done easily arthroscopically. She advised that one of the two clips installed by Dr. Sattarian was not secured where it should be and was loose in my joint scraping every time I moved my upper arm. As a result of this clip not secured and in my joint for now over a year, I now had damaged the protective lining in the joint and developed arthritis there. This new surgeon could only remove the lose clip in the joint but the rest of the damage was not repairable. I continued to have loud clicking noises with arm movement over the next several years, sometimes with moderate to severe pains. Things deteriorated rapidly recently and I needed another surgery to repair the original botched surgery where Dr Sattarian ignored the symptoms and my urging that something was wrong post surgery. I still have permanent damage to that shoulder and was told I will likely need replacement surgery in the future.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr. Sattarian offered absolutely to value to my dads visit for his long term knee issues. He spent barely 5 mins before telling him what he already knows, and used a poor knee movement protractor to determine range of movement of his legs, before turning around and bullying him for not being active enough. This man fails to understand and accurately understand his paitent's complex problems, and imposes his useless and superficial diagnosis on to them. He made no attempt to futher investigate the orthopedic roots of my dads knee problems, and instead suggested a $500 lubricant injection or a cortisol injection. This man is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE doctor. I'm sure his previous reviews are written by his friends or family members, because they DO NOT reflect this man.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Great doctor, he did bilateral bunion surgery on my feet. 4 weeks post op right now. Small incision and no pain. He is the best

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr Sattarian is the kindest and most patient doctor we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He takes the time to answer all of your questions and does an excellent job of explaining health conditions to you as well as treatment options. His calm demeanor makes you feel at ease. Would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was very pleased, nice guy answered all my questions and did a fine job on my knee, very professional, tks, Paul Reddick

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Great Orthopedic Surgeon. did carpal tunnel on my husbands hands . Awesome job ! Thanks Dr S

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Had two knee scope first my right back in 2008 and now my left in 2015. Both surgeries went well and he found the problem and repaired it and felt confidence it was fixed. Might be going back for another injury later this year to my right knee, not sure if I can blame him for having to go back in the same knee 7 years later. Continue to play sports so I can only blame misled. No complains great doctor but have no other doctor to compare too!!! Wish he did follow up post surgeries though before starting Physio.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr Sattarian is a stubborn old Orthopedic Surgeon set in his own ways. When I asked about treatment options he completely shut me out and left the room muttering no as he left. All I wanted was to be put in an air cast sooner than what he wanted as he spouted out evidence from 30 years ago. I brought him the recent research and highlighted where those scientific journals and made a clear recommendation towards the treatment I wanted. He refused to even look at them as I had dispelled his treatment theory. Worst doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I'm wondering why the ratings are all either low or high. It seems to me that ratings are based on how patients felt after treatment not reality!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014