You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Slyfield

I can see he tries to help in his own way, but it's time for him to retire. He is not helpful as a doctor, he sits there disinterested in what I have to say. He gives advice through telling stories and takes forever to get to the point. I need a proactive doctor who talks too not just listening. He is not punctual either. I wouldn't reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

You need to retire Dr. Slyfield. You just waste my time. You tell little stories about nothing, tell me what famous people I share a birthday with, tweak my meds a tiny bit here and there, and I get to pay $11 in parking for the privilege. The last time I saw you you couldn't find my file and didn't remember who I was. No secretary, no nothing. It's time to go to pasture.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Great doctor! Very supportive, doesn't drug you with medication. Respects patients' feelings. Very good listener, although sometimes looks like he's not listening (but he is!). Has a great knowledge and likes to give examples from his life, in order to understand his patients better. I enjoyed talking with him, sharing my own opinions, and listening to his advice. Great doctor! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Slyfield is not a psychiatrist, but just a MD, who I deem to be unprofessional at his job today. Other MDs say he is genuine and has time to listen to every patient. I found this to be an inadequate statement. Today, my appointment was at 11:45am and I arrived at 11:48am, knowing that he may have taken a patient before me and waited for him to come out. An "Abilify" representative walked in to wait for a doctor as well. At 12:22pm Dr. Slyfield's patient leaves and the "Abilify" representative walked right into his office and asks him if she should let him finish his paper work. I listen to a twenty minute sales pitch that Dr. Slyfield wasn't buying and walked up to his open door at 12:42pm to tell him that I've been waiting and couldn't any longer. I told the doctor that he clearly doesn't listen to his patients, and that he was not the doctor for me (that I wouldn't see him again). I told the representative to enjoy her business and walked out. Patients be weary.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. sly field has been my dr. Since 2008, skeptic at first, but he has become vital to my well being ! He listens to my concerns and deals with my problems accordingly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Slyfield was very helpful. He is friendly and willing to spend time, but he does see a lot of patients. He is very familiar with anti-anxiety/depression drugs and although I had two assessments completed previously, he had even advised me to have another done. He is great if you are interested in tapering off a benzo. As a University student with ADHD, he was not as knowledgeable with these stimulants but made sure to do research and we finally figured out a good combination of medications for me. One thing I would mention is because of how many people he sees and since he does not have staff or a secretary, if your appointment is set for example 10:00 AM, prepare to wait up to a half an hour in the waiting room. Overall very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

Submitted October 17, 2012

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Slyfield. I rated his staff a 1 because it didn't appear as though he had one. He actually took a call in the middle of our session, which I found rude and unprofessional. I felt as though he didn't listen to anything I had to say. When I brought up my concerns about the addiction potential for the treatment he recommended he claimed that benzodiazepines are not addictive, which is outright false. He then made light of my concerns by mentioning that he thought it was odd I would be concerned about that when I smoke, in my younger days was a somewhat frequent recreational drug user, and my current daily medication is also physically addictive (which is true, but they don't have potentially fatal withdrawal). I felt more like he just wanted to band-aid me with medication than actually treat my problem. A friend of mine advised me if you don't leave a psychiatrist appointment feeling at least a little better, don't go back. I will be taking this advice

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I have been a patient of DR. Slyfeild since my mother died in 1982. I find him very caring takes his time with his patience. He is one of the best Docors i have ever come across if not 4 him i dont know how my life would have turned out 2 be after the death of my mother. He has givin me so much courage and confidence in my life. I told him if he ever retirred i would have 2 see him at his home. One of the worlds best doctors 2 me. May god always bless him. i would recomend him 2 anyone very highly.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr. David Slyfield's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I can see he tries to help in his own way, but it's time for him to retire. He is not helpful as a doctor, he sits there disinterested in what I have to say. He..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "good doc, really kind and smart. Helped my son a lot. Explains things easy to understand God Bless"

March 13, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "You need to retire Dr. Slyfield. You just waste my time. You tell little stories about nothing, tell me what famous people I share a birthday with, tweak my m..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor! Very supportive, doesn't drug you with medication. Respects patients' feelings. Very good listener, although sometimes looks like he's not listeni..."

September 24, 2014