Ratings for Dr. David Slyfield

I first saw him for my panic attacks and depression. Since this is not the first time in my life I had these problems, I was able to talk to him in a more experienced way, and I new what to ask, and how to be helpful to him in order to help me. He gave me medication, which helped, and I didn't feel I was drugged. He referred me to Trillium health centre to have cognitive behaviour therapy. I went there for a year, and it helped me a lot! I am grateful to be there! From time to time, I would go to Dr.Slyfield for a checkup and reducing the medication. As for his office; he has no staff. He can be slow, and the waiting time is horrible. It feels like he is not listening, but he does, you just have to be clear in what is going on with you.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I saw this Doctor for a few years between 2009 -2012. I really wish that I was never refered to this clown, I can't explain how deeply offended I was when I would explain to him my struggles with social anxiety and he would laugh and tell me about his conquests when he was young and how in life you just gotta grow a pair of cojones. Obviously not the most educated/ or smartest doctor around. Too bad I didn't realize it at the time but I wasted those years of my life. More than retire this man should be suspended from practising medicine

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

I have never felt so humiliated in my life,i will never go back to see this so called professional,he giggled and smurked as i was talking about the reason why i was there to see him,my emotional pain,my trauma,my life isn’t a joke and i walked out of that office feeling humiliated,he made me feel so horrible,i hope noone ever has to feel the way i felt after walking in this so called professional’s office

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Slyfield is a kook and should consider some other profession. Enough with the stupid stories and irrelevant chatter.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I can see he tries to help in his own way, but it's time for him to retire. He is not helpful as a doctor, he sits there disinterested in what I have to say. He gives advice through telling stories and takes forever to get to the point. I need a proactive doctor who talks too not just listening. He is not punctual either. I wouldn't reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

good doc, really kind and smart. Helped my son a lot. Explains things easy to understand God Bless

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

You need to retire Dr. Slyfield. You just waste my time. You tell little stories about nothing, tell me what famous people I share a birthday with, tweak my meds a tiny bit here and there, and I get to pay $11 in parking for the privilege. The last time I saw you you couldn't find my file and didn't remember who I was. No secretary, no nothing. It's time to go to pasture.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Great doctor! Very supportive, doesn't drug you with medication. Respects patients' feelings. Very good listener, although sometimes looks like he's not listening (but he is!). Has a great knowledge and likes to give examples from his life, in order to understand his patients better. I enjoyed talking with him, sharing my own opinions, and listening to his advice. Great doctor! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Slyfield is not a psychiatrist, but just a MD, who I deem to be unprofessional at his job today. Other MDs say he is genuine and has time to listen to every patient. I found this to be an inadequate statement. Today, my appointment was at 11:45am and I arrived at 11:48am, knowing that he may have taken a patient before me and waited for him to come out. An "Abilify" representative walked in to wait for a doctor as well. At 12:22pm Dr. Slyfield's patient leaves and the "Abilify" representative walked right into his office and asks him if she should let him finish his paper work. I listen to a twenty minute sales pitch that Dr. Slyfield wasn't buying and walked up to his open door at 12:42pm to tell him that I've been waiting and couldn't any longer. I told the doctor that he clearly doesn't listen to his patients, and that he was not the doctor for me (that I wouldn't see him again). I told the representative to enjoy her business and walked out. Patients be weary.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. sly field has been my dr. Since 2008, skeptic at first, but he has become vital to my well being ! He listens to my concerns and deals with my problems accordingly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014