Ratings for Dr. David Slyfield

Dr. Slyfield is an amazing psychiatrist. He really knows his field. His stories help him determine your status with ability to listen, reply. His style is different, but he knows what he is doing. I would chose experience over office looks and technology use anytime. I thank god for my well being he still practices. He even works on Saturday to continue to accommodate people. He is a god sent.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I tried to give Dr. Slyfield a chance but can say I will not be going back. I am writing this review to warn others after having an appointment with him earlier this morning. It was only my second appointment but I left more upset and in a worse place than when I went in on both occasions. I understand there is a process but I do not feel as if anything has been done at all to even START the process based off of his lack of helpful/any advice at all. After reading others encounters, I at least am feeling a bit more sane to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. He has no staff, his waiting area is extremely run down and his office is just as bad (no computer, no fax, paper everywhere). Very disorganized to say the least, I was his first appointment today and he didn't have my file ready nor was he ready for the appointment at all. The speed at which he conducts himself is absolutely unbearable as it took him 10-15 minutes after getting the file out to even be ready to start our session (moving at a snails pace date stamping, attempting to organize his notes etc.). The first appointment I understand is more of a initial consultation which I was fine with that but the experience I had today has made me unwilling to waste my time with him. I proceeded to tell him the same issues I had in more depth following up on our first session and all he could start with was a history of ADD and ADHD which I told him I was already very aware of, leading to him flipping through a book of possible drugs which he didn't seem to know much about even. He then referred me to a doctor who's had equally terrible reviews and a website that shows nothing but errors on every page (wont even load a home screen). He lacked any actual advice for my current situation other than telling me stories about his childhood to try and relate, failing to do so miserably. Much more could be said but overall I do not think anyone should waste their time with this guy. He is a nice guy but was destined for retirement years ago. Would not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Dr. David Slyfield has significant knowledge of the medical and psychiatric fields including big pharma; however he does not seem to acknowledge the existence of Human Rights as a subject matter of relevance rather that it might be a matter of individual choice.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Very good Doctor .and listen and understand the problem

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

I first saw him for my panic attacks and depression. Since this is not the first time in my life I had these problems, I was able to talk to him in a more experienced way, and I new what to ask, and how to be helpful to him in order to help me. He gave me medication, which helped, and I didn't feel I was drugged. He referred me to Trillium health centre to have cognitive behaviour therapy. I went there for a year, and it helped me a lot! I am grateful to be there! From time to time, I would go to Dr.Slyfield for a checkup and reducing the medication. As for his office; he has no staff. He can be slow, and the waiting time is horrible. It feels like he is not listening, but he does, you just have to be clear in what is going on with you.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I saw this Doctor for a few years between 2009 -2012. I really wish that I was never refered to this clown, I can't explain how deeply offended I was when I would explain to him my struggles with social anxiety and he would laugh and tell me about his conquests when he was young and how in life you just gotta grow a pair of cojones. Obviously not the most educated/ or smartest doctor around. Too bad I didn't realize it at the time but I wasted those years of my life. More than retire this man should be suspended from practising medicine

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

I have never felt so humiliated in my life,i will never go back to see this so called professional,he giggled and smurked as i was talking about the reason why i was there to see him,my emotional pain,my trauma,my life isn’t a joke and i walked out of that office feeling humiliated,he made me feel so horrible,i hope noone ever has to feel the way i felt after walking in this so called professional’s office

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Slyfield is a kook and should consider some other profession. Enough with the stupid stories and irrelevant chatter.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I can see he tries to help in his own way, but it's time for him to retire. He is not helpful as a doctor, he sits there disinterested in what I have to say. He gives advice through telling stories and takes forever to get to the point. I need a proactive doctor who talks too not just listening. He is not punctual either. I wouldn't reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

good doc, really kind and smart. Helped my son a lot. Explains things easy to understand God Bless

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016