Ratings for Dr. Anwar Morgan

I have nothing but praise for Dr Morgan.I went to see him because I have herniated discs.Cortisone injections were recommended and it changed my life.Dr. Morgan himself was kind and professional.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

He is the worst doctor ever...he has no sympathy for his patients..

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

*********. ************. #*******. ***#****#******. ****.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I am baffled by people claiming this man is wonderful and saved their lives. Maybe he just hates women with pelvic pain or maybe he used to be great but is getting old and miserable. All I know is that I am traumatized by my experience with him. After spending 3 weeks back and forth on the phone playing phone tag with his receptionists who NEVER answer the phone, I finally got an appointment scheduled for SEVEN MONTHS LATER. I was willing to take any appointment, any day, anytime and asked to be on the cancellation list to which I was told "WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR CALLING PEOPLE FOR CANCELLATIONS". My husband took an extended lunch hour and met me at his office. 2 hours later and we were still in the waiting room. We got called in and sat in another room for another HOUR. 3 HOUR WAIT IN TOTAL. He comes in and does not even apologize for the wait! My husband was livid at this point, having had to answer his phone when his boss called to inquire why he was gone for so long. We figured 2 hours total would suffice. Dr. Morgan reviewed my referral by reading it to me, but stopped THREE TIMES to answer his cell to argue with his wife. I could hear her screaming at him through his phone. Then his office phone started ringing constantly which he told me to ignore. Finally he picked it up and got into a screaming fight with his wife right in front of us. By this point my husband was pacing the room and huffing and puffing. My husband and Dr. Morgan got into an argument about respecting patient's time and common courtesy and him answering his cell phone to argue with his wife. It was horrible. Then, he tells me that I need anti-depressants???? He was beyond rude and ordered me onto the exam table. He then grabbed my waist band and yanked down my pants much further than he needed to and poked at my lower abdomen and told my husband "come here!" He grabbed my husbands hand and jammed it into my stomach and said "you feel this lump? that's fat. that is a fat lump pressing on her nerve causing her pain!" By this point I was sobbing begging him to stop. I grabbed my pants and pulled them up and sat up. He told me I needed an injection but didn't explain anything about it. He then told my husband "You need to go home and take your wife for walks and get that weight off of her" as though I was our family dog. I'd like to include that according to the BMI chart, I am TEN pounds overweight. Ten. Not 100. I am also 45 years old and do not think it is that uncommon to be ten pounds overweight at this age. Because I cried during this nightmare experience he declared "you are depressed and your pain is in your head" after saying it was caused by my lump of fat. He said to come every 2 weeks for injections and take the anti-depressants and walked out. A nurse came in and started setting things up and I asked what she was doing and she said setting up for injections. I told her no thank you and my husband and I left. We did not schedule another appointment. Obviously I did not take the anti-depressants. I am not depressed! About 3 months after this Gong Show of an appointment, I ended up in the ER with pain in my lower abdomen. It was a lower bowel obstruction. I had to have emergency surgery because my bowel was completely blocked. I don't know if it is possible that it has started to block up months and months before the crisis event, but I would not be surprised. When they fixed my bowel they removed my ovary which was stuck to my bowels with scar tissue likely from the c-section I had when I was 40 when our daughter was born. That was what was causing my chronic pelvic pain! Thankfully I am now pain free, but I will never forget the horrible treatment I received from this man when I was in pain and scared. The surgeon said that whenever my bowels moved, it would have cause my ovary to pull, yanking on the fallopian tube which would have been very painful. Your bowels move numerous times throughout the day! I was so scared that I would encounter Dr. Morgan again that before I went to the ER with my bowel obstruction, I looked up the hospitals he has privileges at and deliberately chose to go to a different hospital where I had no chance of encountering him in the ER. I can't imagine having this main in control of my anesthetic or post-operative pain. If you go and see this doctor, take the full day off work and expect to sit there for hours waiting to see him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I went to this clinic in October 2016 after a six month wait, I then had to wait over two hours to see him after first seeing a resident. After I saw this Dr. Morgan I have since tried multiple times to get the appointment to have Botox injections, which are expensive. I left multiple messages with the WCH Pain Clinic, I even went in person and left the fax number of the Costco Pharmacy so they could order the Botox. Again, no one ever called me back. After about six weeks I emailed the customer service at WCH asking if the clinic actually existed any longer, all they did was thank me for my email and they would look into it. Now it's mid January of 2017 and it is three months since I had the initial appointment. I have had to go back to a private pain clinic for treatment, and the difference is, they treated me that day. The other thing is that Dr. Morgan didn't offer me any other treatment as injections, no Lidocaine or Marcaine or anything else. He also took several private cell calls and left the room, while doing my assessment. I now wonder if he was corresponding with private clinic patients while I was in the room, while he was still working through the hospital, I know he operates out of other "beauty clinics and spas" throughout the city. These doctors are raking in a fortune seeing private patients at private spas and beauty clinics. What use is this place? how can they say they "treat" chronic pain when they don't even return calls? The reality is I could have purchased this Botox at great expense, and it would still be sitting in my refrigerator waiting for someone to inject it! I don't get it. WCH Pain Program should be shut down, they shouldn't be accepting any new referrals for patients if they're not capable of treating them.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I waited six months to see someone at the WCH pain clinic. I was ushered into a small waiting room where I stayed for almost 2 hours. Take a book, a newspaper and your laptop if you are going to this clinic, you will wait for ever. A resident came in to ask questions, and this guy was rude, wasn't listening to what I was saying, and just seemed like he wasn't interested. Then I waited another half hour and went outside and saw him talking to another male, who I found out was Dr. Morgan, and I told them I would come back at another time. They said "we're discussing your case". So in comes Dr. Morgan and we go through about three minutes of diagnosis and his cell rings and he goes outside again for several minutes to talk on his phone, it happened a second time as well during my consultation. So next we discuss Botox injections and he said "I want you to get the prescription filled at the pharmacy downstairs, but I don't get any money back from them." I know the prices of Botox and a year ago had purchased 50 units from Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens for $220. Dr. Morgan says "it doesn't come in 50 unit bottles, just 100 and 200 units". Interesting that I bought it last year and every pharmacy in Toronto has it. I asked how was it possible that I purchased this same amount less than one year ago. He said "well Loblaws must be getting illegal stuff from China." Can you imagine a huge corporation, a Canadian company purchasing fake drugs....what an insane thing to say. Why would a medical doctor make such a statement? So I went downstairs to the Rexall and they indeed carry 50 units of Botox, made by the only company on earth who makes it. I went back up to his office and told the secretary and he came out and changed the prescription. And said he had never heard of it coming in these 50 unit bottles. I can't believe a guy who writes prescriptions for a drug on a daily basis not knowing the drug comes in three sizes and then o on to make a claim that a large well known and well trusted and liked company would sell fake drugs is completely nuts. I have yet to go for the injections.... The problem with all these pain clinics at these major hospital is that NOTHING is covered by the hospital, the Botox is not covered unless you have private health care. The only difference is that you don't pay the $100 for the injections, but you do pay for the medication which is over $400 every three months.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

It's not uncommon to wait to see Dr Morgan, but he's well worth the wait! I've been a patient for 4 years now, and he has helped me significantly. I recommended him all the time, and credit him with giving me back a quality life

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

For the last five years I have been a patient of Dr. A. Morgan at Women's College Hospital for back and neck management, involving multiple procedures and many office visits. I have found him courteous, informative and patient, taking a problem solving approach. I am so grateful for his help.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I have been in chronic pain for over 20 yes. I was referred to Dr Morgan by my family MD and was highly recommended for his in depth approach to treating chronic pain. The clinic at Women's College's Hospital is a modern and full of the latest technology and Dr Morgan utilizes all avenue to reduce pain. His support staff is very professional and courteous. I would highly recommend Dr Morgan and the pain clinic.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I had Botox injection at his Med Spa Clinic, and I got a dropped eyelid- Ptosis. Before I have had twice Botox injection performed by plastic surgeon , and the result was excellent, but now after injections at Dr.Morgan's clinic my left eye is half closed, and I have to buy eye drops to improve at least temporary this condition. these eye drops cost $160 without private insurance. Therefore I don't recommend to get Botox injections at this clinic

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015