Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Elepano

I have been with Dr.Elepano for about two years. I think she just likes to bill OHIP and does not care for her patients. Her staff makes up rules when I call to ask about my results and do not relay messages to the Doctor. It's hard to find a good doctor and I think dr. Elepano is really for those who do not need too much medical attention or assistance.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I find this doctor ask a lot of questions, she takes her time. But not much knowledge

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Great Doctor. Very thorough and caring. She is always willing to refer me to a specialist when necessary and has a very friendly manner. She is very knowledgeable and willing to admit when she doesn't know something because a specialist is required - which is great cause let's face it, no one doctor knows everything. Her only downfall is she is not very punctual, but in spite of that I still wouldn't trade her for any other doctor in the world

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I'm a new patient of Dr Elepano based on he referrals of my wife and sister in law who was with her first. Dr Elepano is a very patient and thorough physician. It's expected that even with an appointment time, there will be a wait. As others have noted, she takes her time with her patients which means that although you may wait a little longer to see her, once you're in the office you're her priority. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Elepano is a good conventional GP. I wish she had more holistic knowledge but despite that she's a competent doctor. She listens to my concerns & is through in her notes & knowledge of my history. When I've had to wait I normally don't wait long. About 20 minutes is the longest I've had to wait. I'm also normally able to get an appointment easily. My only complaint is the staff are sometimes uneven in their performance. Two of the staff are great (Monica & the young lady with glasses) the others that were there temporarily were horrible. In the past I'd booked an appointment & it wasn't recorded in the calendar. Also in the past when I came for my physical they weren't able to draw my blood & I got pricked painfully so many times. They have since replaced that staffer with someone who knows how to use the butterfly needle for someone like me with small veins. (Thank God)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Elepano for over 15 years. I moved and changed doctors and then I appreciated what a diligent and dedicated doctor I had in her. When I moved back to North York I didn't think it twice and called to see if she took patients. I would highly refer her.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

She's very competent and caring. Although not always right on time, I think that's in part because she spends a lot of time focusing on the patient and their needs. Proper health care doesn't necessarily fit into the 15 minutes allotted to each patient. I think the punctuality also has to do with both the scheduling and reception. On the upside, you can usually see her within a day to a week of calling for an appointment. I really would recommend her to anyone looking for a GP who will attentively listen, meticulously record, and refer you to specialists.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Some staffs are very, very rude. I arrived late for one appointment and got told I can't see the doctor anymore and got charged a $50 no-show fee...

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I find Dr. Elepano to be very rude and patronizing. If you forget to ask her about another issue until the end of the appointment she gets very annoyed and rather hostile. She has very few people skills to the point she makes you feel uncomfortable and awkward. I don't feel that she has best interests at heart which is sad to say. I find her staff quite helpful and there has been a great improvement on that front. They are kind and courteous.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

The front desk staff/receptionists are very rude and disorganised. I never get a follow up call for test results and definitely never reminded when I'm due for my yearly check up. However my biggest complaint is that she seems to have too many patients or an overbooking issue as it is rarely possible to get a same day appointments. Its not uncommon to be told she has no openings for 4 or more days. I was asked previously to sign a form that said I would always try to see Dr. Elepano/ the network of doctors she is with but not once when she has been unavailable have I ever been offer any other option than to wait. I often end up at the emergency or a walk in. I feel this is due to shortcomings of the front desk and not necessarily Dr. Elepanos fault.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014