Ratings for Dr. Shirley Traynor

Incredibly rude, zero patience and snapped at our 3 year old daughter. DO NOT see this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I'm amazed at the negative comments for Dr. Traynor. She was our family GP for close to twenty years and we had nothing but good experiences with her. The only reason we left was because we moved. Is she laid back and chatty, no. Is she efficient and to-the-point. Yes. We had no problem getting quick referrals to specialists when needed, we never felt like she was wasn't listening to us. For people complaining that she only gives three months worth of prescriptions, I'd much prefer to have a doctor that was checking how things were going with treatment than one who blindly refilled prescriptions or provided several months worth without monitoring it. Sure, it was sometimes inconvenient to make a refill/checkup appointment, but at least there was constant monitoring and checking that the prescriptions were doing what they were supposed to.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr Traynor is a mean old lady. She does not care about her patients, she is rude, self righteous, and just does not give one ounce of compassion no matter what your issue is. Three month of prescriptions if she will even prescribe for you. Terrible back pain - advice take a Tylenol. Wait a minute I pay for a MRI - herniated disc ok I will give you T3 - 30. Lucky me my back is better, and I have a great new doctor who listens and cares about me. Please don't waste your time with this person.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr Traynor is the worst physican ever. She is rude and abrupt and has zero bedside manner. She interupts and does not listen to anything her patients have to say. She should have retired years ago as her heart is clearly not into being a kind and caring doctor. I have known so many patients that have left her practice due to her extremely poor behaviour. Don't waste your time find a new doctor like I did.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr traynor is one of the best dr.s i've ever met, she cares, she listen and she have lots of experience. I respect her judgment. I highly recommend her. Ive me dr traynor for the first time when i found that i was pregnant because my family doctor wasn't available. She did listen to me, she performed all the required tests, and followed up with me on every detail that my family doctor didn't even care about. At 28 weeks i had no OBGYN because of my careless family dr (at woodbine medical center and his staff) who didn't perform the required prenatal care, then i returned to dr traynor who did everything (prenatal care) to check on my baby knowing that she doesn't look after 24 weeks pregnant women, 1 day later, she found me an obgyn and i went to my appointment during the same week. Dr traynor saved my pregnancy! The best thing about her is that SHE CARES ABOUT HER PATIENTS.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr. Traynor has been nothing but the best for myself and my family. No matter what the problem she is always very thorough and will find the correct treatment. She definitely cares about each and every one of us to the absolute best of her capabilities. I feel greatful to have met such a great doctor and such a wonderful staff as well.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Traynor has the WORST bedside manner: poor listener, self-righteous, disrespectful, abrupt, and just plain rude. She lacks empathy and the ability/desire to understand her patients. To her, it's all about billing. We are leaving her practice. No one deserves this "treatment". She should go back to medical school (this time, an accredited Canadian or US school) and learn about patient management. If you're looking for a new doctor, do NOT see her. She takes unprofessionalism to an all time low. Disgraceful.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Traynor has been my family Doctor for five years. While it is challenging at times to get a timely appointment, she has always been on time. I find her to be very thorough, caring and knowledgable. She enjoys caring for people and has always been very friendly, however pointed when she is telling you what you need to do to stay healthy (she knows my family history - of course I need to exercise and she continues to tell me that and she should keep on me!). If she didn't then she wouldn't be such a good Doctor. I quite like her!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Rude, abrasive, pretentious, arrogant, terse, controlling, lacks empathy. Perfect fit for the general feeling of the Braeside Medical Clinic in Calgary, which harbours impatient and often terse staff. A clinic is also a business, and the consumers have options for other Walk-In Clinics. I will now be checking out the newly opened Oakridge Medical Clinic. I suggest other consumers to use their market power and go elsewhere as well.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Everything about this medical clinic is terrible. Dr Shirly Traynor is by far the most unprofessional and rude person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. Her staff is beyond rude and I finally had enough. When I told the receptionist she was being a right bag I was told she was going to report it in my file. I received a very rude letter letting me know I was no longer welcome as one of her patients. I was more than happy to never step foot in there again and hadn't planned on doing so anyways. I witnessed this particular staff member being rude to other patients almost every time I had to go there, I mentioned this to Dr Traynor and was rudely brushed off. She refuses to give perscriptions past 3 months which is a waste of my time and hers really. She charges you to sign simple documents and even insists on appts to do them. She ignores you when you are in the walk in side of the clinic which means you will wait for 3 or more hours to fill that perscription!!!! 0 stars

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013