Ratings for Dr. Steven Aung

I was referred to Dr. Aung for Acupuncture. I was told he was a western trained Dr so better than most other acupuncturists. He has an abnormally long wait time at appointments. I waited 1 Hr before the consult. 30 min in the waiting room and 30 min in his office. From what I observed he stacks patients up and bounces between them to maximize dollars. He may have western medical knowledge but he doesn’t use it in his acupuncture practice. He mixes hi family practice and acupuncture practice to maximize patient flow. He made unsupportable statements by reading my palm and looking at fingertips to determining injury from the length of the crease in my palm and shape of my fingernails. He mixed in information from the consult letter and accompanying medical reports to give a sense of knowledge but it didn’t flow well as he had the details completely mixed up. It appeared the first time he really read the consult letter was the 1 min he spent reading it in front of me. On the consult he gave me a treatment which consisted in 30 seconds to one minute placing of needles then he was out the door and an assistant hooked me up to a tens machine cranked it up, asked if it was too intense then left without adjusting the tens when I indicated she had over cranked the electric on one of the needles. Looking around at his practice a reasonable person will quickly determine this guy is out to maximize the dollars he earns from desperate patients. He has his fingers in too many income earning ventures. If you are considering acupuncture there are other practitioners that will treat you as a client not a cash machine, without the wait times.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Reputable I guess but not sincere. Knowledgeable maybe but not used respectfully.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr. Aung is a true healer and deeply caring and compassionate. He spends the time that is needed with each patient, so bring a good book to your appointment and relax knowing that time waiting to see him is well worth it.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I think Dr .Aung is wonderful there no word that explain how great he is. He saved my life ,I was depressed and wanted to die when I went to see him .After the first treatment I was able to laugh again I went back and he healed me.I am a client for now 17 years and he is a magician fixing all kind of injury .I am bless to know that great man.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Not a reputable Doctor in my opinion, he should be in politics instead. Having his staff take out the needles is not professional nor is all the short cuts in his methods in order to see more patients and make more money.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Adore him! We are lucky to have him here, he helped with lessening my chronic pain

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

A true healer! We are blessed to have him in our city. May he be healthy for years to come and continue to see his patients for many more!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr Aung is very kind and knowledgeable. He is very good at what he does. However his staff can be very rude and short. Some of the staff are treating patients with no respect and need to work on their people skills! It is such a shame that such a kind doctor has such rude staff. It ruins some of the entire experience.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I feel so blessed that I am able to see Dr. Aung. I had suffered for 16 years with terrible seasonal allergies and took monthly shots for 6 years with no relief. After only 6 treatments with Dr. Aung, my allergies are 100% gone. I can finally enjoy the outdoors again. I am also being treated for Rheumatoid Arthritis and through acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, I have improved greatly. Dr. Aung is a kind, caring, compassionate, brilliant Doctor. I may have waited a little bit to see him from time to time, but it is so worth it. We are so lucky to have him in Edmonton and I dread the day that he retires. His staff do their best to keep the clinic organized for this very busy doctor. Bless you Dr. Aung.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Aung is an amazing person: very gentle, patient and soft. It is very unfortunate the staff at the reception aren't as helpful except for Debbie and Julia. Gina is very unpleasant, and has messed up my appointments when I needed them the most. The latest was this year when I had called her on a Monday to ask her to confirm I had an appointment for Thursday of the same week she told me I didn't. But then on that day I got a call from Debbie to let me know I was not at my appointment. When I spoke to Gina, she denied it. The only reason I remembered exactly when and the time I called is that I took note based on previous experience with her when she messed up another appointment. Julia made some mistakes in the past but she is at least pleasant and smiles unlike Gina. Having a bad staff member makes all the difference. But I am so glad to have met Dr. Aung, he is so inspiring and is interested in helping his patients. His daughter Florence works with him too and is also good.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012