Ratings for Dr. Steven Collins

Great pleasure meeting this man. confidence is a secure feeling. This man is a shining light in medicine ! We need more like him with this type of dedication and devotion. Hear hear !! Change the world sir I'm behind you all the way.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Very knowledgable. Long standing problem that he sorted out for me and I was grateful for that. Unfortunately not much can be done for the problem I have and I still have to live with the disease. - I was hoping he would have had something to offer me for treatment and quality of life. When he could not I found him dismissive. Not a lot of compassion.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Collins attempted to send me home from hospital telling me nothing was wrong with me...I am a Crohn's patient and at that time had a MAJOR bowel blockage...ended up with septicemia and almost died...had an ostomy for 9 months, and am now 3 surgeries later, still having problems

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I did not have the best result with Dr. Collins. I had many tests and appointments with him and left his office in tears every time! He made me feel stupid about the questions I had and never took the time to listen! I was in pain for 5 years until I went to another Doctor. Now I am much better!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

A kind, thorough, knowledgeable specialist with a gentle bed side manner. Dr. Collins takes the time to sit and explain his findings in lay-man's terms. From a frequent-flyer's perspective (conquering Crohn's for nearly 2 decades now and multiple bowel ressections), a client can't go wrong when admitted to this teaching hospital. His team of students always emulate the same professional qualities as "The Man" himself. And for "You Ladies", Dr. C. is easy on the eyes and has that delightful, dry U.K. humour that we Canadians all love - helping us find a little comedy whilst sporting a nasogastric tube or struggling to navigate around Mac U Hospital with two or three I.V. poles in tow. He is a gem and it is my privilege to say that he is MY Gastroenterolist... make him YOURS too.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2007

Dr. Collins, had the answer for me. I was misdignosed with GI problems for many, many years. It's not in my head, it's in my intestines. Finally, my problem had a name, and can now be properly maintained. Dr. Collins always has time to talk, and answer all my questions and concerns. He has never ever told me my problem was in my head.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Very Kowledgeable individual very busy teaching new students and has a great love of his profession very caring and understanding would reccomend him as a great doctor for anyone who has unexplainable G I problems He is the best Keep up the good work doc

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007