Ratings for Dr. Carson Kwok

Doctor Kwok has been my doctor on and off since early childhood. While he is knowledgeable he is also very cold and stern. He seems to lack bedside manner and I always feel very awkward speaking with him. He has flat out called patients "stupid" for continuing an addiction and has always favoured the the athletic members of my family over those of us that have health issues. When I had issues with Dr Hazel I went back to Dr Kwok and it was similar experiences to my teen years, feeling belittled. That being said, he knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr.Kwok has been my doctor well forever he delivered me and all my siblings,he also delivered all my 4 children. I would never ever take medical advice from any other doctor except him. He is funny,caring and very smart when it Comes to what a problem is and fixing it. My last daughter was born she had breathing problems and when finally it was all over and time to take her home,Dr Kwok made a personal call to my house to make sure that my daughter was doing good and that just made my day :) I know he cares about his patients just like he cares about his own family. In situations that can be uncomfortable for the patient there he is making jokes and making the experience that much more better and funny. Thank you for all you do Dr. Kwok you are an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Very helpful and does not judge..in the er he is happy friendly very knowledgeable....he also delivered two of my children..for how busy he is ..he really takes the time to make sure your comfortable..

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Been my Dr for years, I love that he has a sense of humour, very friendly and personable, as well as knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I thought he answered all my questions when I was in the Emerg at Northumberland Hills Hospital I went in for chest x ray and did have pneumonia Great Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Kwok is an excellent doctor and he is a very good friend of mine-very caring person and he knows what he is doing-works very well with people and cares alot about people-Mike Preedom Cobourg

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Not sure where this doctor studied, but he obviously missed the classes on compassion, and everything on treating mature patients. Dr Kwok was my mothers doctor until thankfully the doctor at the nursing home took over her care and started treating her with dignity, and focused on treating her parkinson's getting the tremors that were always so embarrassing to her under control. Dr. Kwok told my mother she had "old lady syndrome", and refused to acknowledge there was anything wrong with her. I started going with my mother to her appointments after she said she was never going back to him, she felt he didn't like her, made fun of her, etc. I called him and said my mom was uncomfortable seeing him, she felt that he thought she was a bother....he told me she was! Said "all old people come in here complaining and taking up time". I never let her go alone again. Our last appointment, he just stared at his computer. I had to ask him to check her heart, her weight. Totally uninterested.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr Kwok is an astute diagnostician if you are young and athletic. His bias shows if you are not as young or athletic. He doesn't seem to understand that as you age, you are still the same person inside..feelings, desires to be active etc. Can be rude when dealing with others outside of his comfort zone. Perhaps a bit too into his own personal fitness goals and not into caring for a broad spectrum of people..maybe sports medicine would be a better fit?

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

This guy should be a veterinarian, not a people doctor! We had a very unpleasant experience recently when he refused to acknowledge the patient's explanation of the medical history, and was down right rude and offensive during the consultation. He diagnosed a temporary ailment as a permanent condition, and refused to treat the patient. Contrary to his assessment, two other doctors were willing to treat the patient. Sent the patient home, and then she arrived back at Emerg with the same symptoms a day later. How can a doctor with type of negative personality continue to practice general medicine? The ambulance and nursing staff expressed the same opinion that this doctor regularly offendes patients and that his manner is a joke, at best. I had to create an account on this website to be able to leave comments for this doctor. Is that an attempt to reduce the negative comments that he is receiving? I was able to leave comments for two other doctors without creating an account!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

he saw my daughter at emerg on Sat. night and he wasted no time ordering xrays and treating her. he came in 3 times to check her to make sure her breathing and oxygen levels were normal again before he would let her go home. We arrived there at 10:45 and we were home by 12:30 (which with wait times is unheard off) He was great with her and very attentive and patient. Then he called our house 4 days later just to call to see how she was doing!!!! I was so impressed with that :-) Thanks for taking such good care of our daughter and actually caring

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011