Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Cerfolio

Dr Cerfolio is the Best doctor if you should ever need lung surgery.he stapeled and glued my daughters lung to her chestwall after her lung had repeatedly collapsed.it was a new method and it worked great.one year later same lung went down,but only a small part because it was attached to the chestwall.one year later again same thing,only a small collapse. since then no recurrence.He is a Perfectionist and kind Doctor with patient and family!One of the very Best Dr's at UAB in Ala. Thank You Dr Cerfolio,Sibylle and Mom

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

Do you want the best surgeon or your best friend. Yes he is abrupt truthful and doesn't mince words. My husband had a right pneumonectomy for lung cancer in 2007. Dr cerfolio told us he would consider it a success if my husband lived a year. We are getting ready to enter the 9 year survival. In my mind he is brilliant. He prayed when he first entered the room. He is tough but he is by far the best. I refer anyone with lung cancer to him . I can never repay he and his team. Cyndi Gibson

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

the BEST doctor hands down . Regardless of his specialty. He has saved my life multiple times. Cancer don't play and neither does Cerf ! That you Jesus for placing him on the Earth even if it was for me .

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I don't recommend him for hyperhidrosis facial issues like facial blushing or facial sweating, he is just for hand sweating.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Cerfolio has been treating my rare cancer for 4 years and it is impossible for me to speak highly enough of him and his team. He has literally saved my life and he and his staff have been everything you would ever want in a medical team. I would recommend Dr Cerfolio to anyone and everyone I know facing a thoracic surgery. He is the very best in the world, literally.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Cerfolio has been my mother's doctor for over a year. We travel 4 hours to see him. He has exhibited extreme competence, and he has been very kind and compassionate to our family. Dr. Cerfolio even personally called to check on my mother a week after she left UAB. We love Dr. Cerfolio and his staff!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

I had a bronch chest wall resection for a sarcoma mass in the left breast and side. Removed three ribs replaced with plate and mesh. He got it all with clear margins. He saved my life. He is known to be the best thoracic surgeon in the world. Surgery was at UAB hospital ,Birmingham, Al.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I am still Dr. Cerfolio's patient and I will agree with others that his bedside manner is abhorrent. However, what he lacks in compassion and empathy, he makes up for in his skill. I am overweight and he is very brutal and rude when it comes to discussing this. When I asked about my other medical conditions contributing to my weight problem, he basically cut me off and told me to lay off the pasta. Without a doubt, he is not very kind and even cruel. He made sure that I knew any other doctor would not have been able to do my surgery laparoscopically because I was "so fat". I guess it comes down to wanting and needing the most skilled surgeon which is why I am still seeing him. One would think a doctor who is so intelligent, skilled and knowledgeable would understand there are so many variables to losing weight and that he could really hold the key to his patient's success at doing so.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Dr.R Cerfolio is the absolute best cardiothoracic surgeon at UAB.he has the latest techniques in the country.he was the first at UAB to staple and glue collapsed lungs to the chestwall a few years back.he is a perfectionist,kind and patient with family and patients.with Dr. Kirklin and Dr. Cerfolio you have the best team at UAB in my opinion!am sure there are other Dr's who are good,but cannot say enough good things about Dr. Cerfolio,if a cardiothoracic surgeon should be needed!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr. Cerfolio saved my life. He did a very complex surgery 8 hrs. He took out a huge malignant tumor and rebuilt my chest-fake ribs and all. He was warm, personal, and caring. I still send him cards and letters. He is on my prayer list.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Dr. Robert J. Cerfolio's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal