Ratings for Dr. Julie E. Lafferty

She gave me medications for bipolar when I have never been bipolar. I have only suffered from depression. Refused me anti-anxiety medication when a new antidepressant medication she prescribed caused me 24/7 severe extreme anxiety (over the top). Complained that I called because I was not doing well. Final blow came when she listed all the things she tried and basically gave me no hope, leaving me to feel it was my fault. I never returned after that. I am seeing a new Dr. And after trying a Rx I had never been on before, I am excited to be feeling normal again.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Not a good listener......seems to have tunnel vision to go by the book on symptoms. Created more problems by seeing her than when I did not see her.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I am very impressed by how knowledgeable the doctor is. She is one smart lady!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I saw this psychiatrist over several months, a few years ago. I saw her because of limitations with my insurance choices. At first I wasn't sure what I thought of her. She disregarded all previous physicians diagnosis and treatments of me over the past 30 years. She decided to treat me with anti seizure meds, as she had decided that I was bipolar. I got hives from the med, but she disregarded this side effect. She asked me have you ever had hives before, I answered yes. So that was that. I was seeing her for depression. Depression impacts a persons ability to act in their best interest, such as, "ask me when I had hives". If she had asked, she would have determined that it was in response to a medication I was determined to be allergic to. I ended up in an ER with giant hives, that required huge doses of steroids and benadryl. I would not recommend this physician. She is not a good listener. She is not probing enough. You would do better elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Dr. Julie E. Lafferty's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)