Ratings for Dr. Brian Kucey - Prosthodontist

I am a former patient of Dr B Kucey and I would not recommend him. I found him extremely conceited, as I had to bring my husband with me if I wanted answers on my implants. I continue to this day to have problems with them. And he has also had staff "walk out on him " while I was still in the chair.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I rarely put reviews but i felt the need to put a review for Dr. Brian Kucey. At the age of 43, i still had a baby tooth, which eventually cracked. My dentist pulled it out and referred me to another dentist for the implant. I'm in the risk management profession and i took it upon myself to research everything about implants including who i should see for this procedure. Although the dentist that i was referred to does implants and was half the price, i decided to go with Dr. Brian Kucey because he is a Prosthodontist (specialist) and has decades of experience. I too read comments on here about bed side manners but i have to say, I am not paying for bed side manners. I took a LOT of comfort in knowing that Dr. Brian Kucey is very demanding of his staff and expects perfection. I'm sorry for those that think he should be nicer, but when you realize the fact that to get an implant, they have to drill a titanium screw in your jaw, which can shatter or strike a nerve, well, i would rather have him snap at his staff for not taking every step very seriously. And as a matter of fact, his staff get it and understand it, although many of us may find it harsh. In one instance, his staff member mis-measured a chart, nothing major, but she knew right there and then the implications. After that, we chatted about it (her and I) and she chuckled and said she was ok with it and learns from it. If you think about it, we don't trust our brand new vehicle to be serviced at a no name shop even if it's half price, yet we have an issue paying for a Prosthodontist who literally wrote the book on implants? He has every right to be proud of his knowledge and expertise. And before I put this review, i specifically waited until the crown was actually installed to see the final product and to see if i was happy with it all, and i have to say, it was worth every penny. If you want to go to someone who is sensitive and too shy to correct his employees right on the spot, no matter how harsh it may sound, and potentially get a titanium screw drilled into a nerve, and have a numb jaw for the rest of your life, go for it. I also decided to transfer my dental business to Dr. Elena Kucey and i'm very pleased to have had Dr. Brian Kucey do my implant. I shared this story with my co-workers, and my assistant told me his dad is still fixing implant issues from 10 years ago, and the stories I heard from others were no better. You get what you pay for.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I am extremely happy with my dental experiences with the Kucey Dental Group. My painful TMJ has been considerably alleviated by Dr. Elena Kucey’s treatment. In the past year, she corrected my bite with Invisiligne Aligners and veneers, which also dramatically improved the appearance of my teeth. I thought I was headed for jaw surgery but it is no longer necessary. I’ve also been a patient of Dr. Brian Kucey who gave me 5 dental implants over a dozen years ago - implants that will likely remain perfect for many more years. My husband is equally pleased with 2 implants which he received a year ago. I’m grateful to have been referred to such competent and experienced dental professionals and am confident in recommending their practice to anyone. Their assistants, hygienists, and receptionists are equally skilled so every visit is a pleasant one.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

My experience was horrible. I will never ever go back.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

Dr. Brian Kucey is the best specialist in Edmonton, very knowledgeable and experienced.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

This man is a narcissistic man, treats his clients and staff as if they are far beneath his level . I had an implant done by him and he did a good job but I would NEVER again give him any business. He has treated me like a 5 yr old who knows nothing and speaks with extreme arrogance, demeans my general dentist, critsizes the treatment I received and blamed me for not coming back for my year annual visit! I cannot stand to pay his very high fees... ( he reorders X-rays as he states other dentists X-rays are innacurate,fees are far over and above other dentists ) while being treated so horribly. I almost walked out mid exam I felt so criticized and belittled. Go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Brian Kucey - Prosthodontist's response
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to identify you. As for the x-ray dilemma, as a specialist, we need higher resolution x-rays in order for the treatment to be at the highest quality. We would be happy to discuss your experience, please contact our office at 780.462.4091.

Submitted October 9, 2017

I am a new patient and have only been to this office two times. However, both times I felt I was treated like family from the first person I saw at the front desk to the staff in the back. I went into Kucey Dental for an implant and was a bit anxious as I have never had this done before and of coarse, I have heard other peoples stories of their implants they had done at other offices. Other than the cost being a bit of a sticker shock....I will definitely refer people to this office in the future. T.V.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Brian Kucey - Prosthodontist's response
Thank you for your review! Glad to here that you had such a good experience at our office! Happy Holidays!

Submitted October 9, 2017

5 of 5. Very helpful and friendly service. The place is very clean and the employees are very professional.. :) Thanks Jay.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Brian Kucey - Prosthodontist's response
We try very hard to ensure safety and pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. Thank you for your feedback.

Submitted November 23, 2017

He is a very knowledgeable man however is condescending , demeaning and is a narcissist! I have never been made to feel so inadequate after spending more than 6 thousand dollars on a dental work. I felt criticized that I wasn't going ahead with all of the other recommended restorative procedures but I could not afford it. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone. Spend your well earned money elsewhere

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Very competent and does meticulously excellent work.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Brian Kucey - Prosthodontist's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Welcome! This is my 35th year practicing dentistry and my 31st year practicing as a Prosthodontist. I’ve restored and renewed many smiles over these years and I still wake up every morning excited to see my patients. My treatment philosophy is simple: to give my patients a long-term, stable, and aesthetic result. I only offer treatment options that I would recommend to my own friends and family. My father, Dr. Stanley Kucey, was a Dentist in Edmonton, so from a very young age I knew I wanted to do the same thing – help patients with their dental problems – or “fix teeth”. I graduated from the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Alberta and received my MSEd Degree and Certificate in Prosthodontics from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. This is where I became a Specialist in Prosthodontics and learned the technical aspect of repairing and renewing smiles – whether you do or do not have teeth! I greatly value the relationships I build with my patients; we see each other often during your treatment, so we might as well get to know one another. I am married to Dr. Elena Hernandez-Kucey, a General Dentist, who also works in my practice. We met in Los Angeles while she was attending USC Dental School and I was completing my specialty program at USC. We have four children, three of which are attending post-secondary, and one who works in our office as a Dental Assistant, Ellie! Welcome to South Edmonton Prosthodontics! Your Smile. Our Specialty.

• English
  • Spanish

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1979)
  • University of Southern California (Grad. 1985)