Ratings for Dr. Shari I. Lusskin

I have been a patient of Dr. Lusskin’s for almost 4 years. I have found Dr. Lusskin to be extremely intelligent and very easy to talk to. She is extremely punctual and professional. I like her direct manner and her realistic outlook on life. I have become more confident and assertive in areas that matter the most. Though difficult to talk about issues in my life I have found my appointments to be very beneficial.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. All she cares about is getting you to come in for frequent appointments to collect her $900 fee. Money- grubber. Over rated in terms of her medical knowledge. Caused a rift between me and my husband. Doesnt respond to my phone calls. Never runs on time. Spend your hard earned money with someone with more empathy and compassion bc she certainly does not have it. Avoid at all costs!

Submitted November 17, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. All she cares about is her $900 fee. Do yourself a big favor and find someone on your insurance panel

Submitted November 12, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Lusskin for over a year now. What I appreciate most about Dr. Lusskin is that she doesn't over-doctor. She doesn't ask you to come see her just for a fee and but gauges how you are doing and when would be the most appropriate time to see her. She also realizes that typically, the reasons why you go to see her in the first place don't magically disappear because you've seen her - just like going to the gym to stay healthy, you don't stop after the first month when you might be more energetic and have lost 5 lbs. Staying healthy in body and spirit requires maintenance, so she won't abandon you after you say you're feeling better. Dr. Lusskin is a sounding board for what is rational, almost like a reality check. Some of what she tells you might be obvious, but we often forget the obvious and need a reminder. Ultimately, it is up to each patient to decide whether Dr. Lusskin is right for them and whether to follow any of the suggestions she gives. The important thing is that Dr. Lusskin helps determine what some of your options are, but will never force an option on you.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr Lusskin is an excellent diagnostician. She helped me through a difficult time with care and compassion.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I saw a lot of doctors for my PMS but no one really helped me until  I met Dr. Lusskin. She made the right diagnosis and the right medicine and gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Excellent Doctor. Saw Dr. Lusskin after a long undiagnosed bout of postpartum depression and anxiety. She immediately validated my feelings and helped me understand that what I was going through was "normal" for many. After 3 months, I am back to feeling like myself and have the foundation that Dr Lusskin gave to thank for my turnaround.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Lusskin for almost 2 years. I began seeing her when my son was 9-weeks-old and ever since starting treatment with her my life has changed for the better. She is extremely knowledgeable, always available even in between appointments if I need to change an appointment or am in crisis, and I believe has helped me go from wanting one child after the depression from my first to now seeing me through my second pregnancy. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lusskin.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr Shari Lusskin is a fantastic psychiatrist I have been seeing her for over 10 years and she has helped me through many personal situations .she has always been available for me and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I am a patient of Dr Lusskin 3 years now. I was shocked and horrified to see the negative ratings posted. Dr. Lusskin is a highly professional and caring doctor. Dr. Lusskin does everything in her capacity as a well connected doctor to help her patients. Her involvement in my life, beyond that which concerns her professional field, reflects her complete devotion. Dr. Lusskin takes responsibility, advocates o for patients and accepts critic. Though she may be strong minded- that is her success!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Shari I. Lusskin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lusskin is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai where she is also an Attending in Psychiatry. Dr. Lusskin is an expert consultant to the New York State Department of Health Office of Professional Medical Conduct. She maintains a private practice in New York City. Dr. Lusskin is a specialist in Reproductive Psychiatry and women's mental health. She treats women with premenstrual mood disorders, psychiatric disorders related to infertility, pregnancy, and postpartum, postpartum depression, and mood disorders in the perimenopause and menopause. Dr. Lusskin provides specialty consultations in Reproductive Psychiatry for numerous psychiatrists, psychologists, and obstetrician-gynecologists. She also provides on-going treatment including counseling and medication management as appropriate. For additional details and a list of publications and media appearances, please see www.drsharilusskin.com. Care philosophy Dr. Lusskin believes that each patient's situation is unique. Therefore, she takes the time to learn about the patient's history and current situation in detail. The consultation lasts 1.5-2 hours. She welcomes the opportunity to meet with the patient together with a significant member of her family or support network to obtain a fuller picture of the patient's life. She will speak with the patient's referring providers and other members of her treatment team (with the patient's permission) to coordinate care. She formulates her recommendations using the principles of evidence-based medicine which include incorporating the patient's preferences. She is well-known for her accessibility to patients and for addressing all patient questions or concerns. She welcomes the opportunity to discuss differing viewpoints and respects the patient's right to choose healthcare providers with whom she feels most comfortable. She sees patients on time and in an elegant office that offers a warm and inviting atmosphere.

• English

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1986)
  • Williams College (Grad. 1982)

• Women's Mental Health