Ratings for Dr. Jay Winburn

I was treated in my teens for an overbite which was not corrected whatsoever and my teeth which were straight became crooked on the bottom. Was given a slip over retainer which could not be worn at night - a third of a day! How would teeth stay straight like that? My mother called when my teeth shifted and he did do braces on the bottom again but told her he would not do them again if they shifted. They did shift even worse and I have lived with being unhappy with my overbite and crooked teeth. I have been suffering from TMJ so am getting braces now in my 40's. But I will not being seeing this guy!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Included with your dental bill...all glue should be removed once braces are taken off...period.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I went to Dr.Winburn for most of my teen years and if I could have a do-over I never would have stepped foot in his office. He was rude and condescending, continually canceled my appointments and kept my braces on for much longer than they needed to be. I have since had endless troubles with the retainers (multiple because they keep breaking!) And when he finally removed my braces he didn't take all of the glue off of my teeth. Because of his handiwork my teeth are irreparably damaged and 3 years later my dentist is still giving me grief for what he has done. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Not a good experience. Learned a very valuable lesson, never pay in full until the work is complete to satisfaction. Dr. Winburn is not personable, forgets your name, seems very confused and flustered. The receptionist is friendly, as are the dental assistants. The office manager is abrupt, rude and makes excuses for Dr. Winburn. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

I chose Dr. Winburn because he offered the lingual braces. At first the process was going well, my teeth looked awesome after just 4 months. This is when mis-adjustments began. In my opinion, he was always rushed and seemed flustered. He even questioned is adjustments from the previous visits out loud, which was not re-assuring. The last mis-adjustment caused my teeth to push up and out, and caused such severe jaw pain, that I had to take pain medication. At that point, I had to get the lingual braces removed and invisaline put on the front of my teeth. The retainer stage has not been a good experience either. When my retainer was made, the wire sat so low on my teeth that one of the teeth was not even covered by the wire. I was told that I bent the wire, which I know I did not. My teeth have shifted since. The staff were very helpful in trying to make it right, but overall....disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

As a child I had my braces done with Dr.Winburn and he was excellent! Till this day I'm complimented on how pretty of a smile I have..My daughter now needs braces and we have an appointment soon..I expect the same results and feel safe and secure with Dr.Winburn..To all mothers who are looking for great ortho work...I highly advise you to go to Dr.Winburn..

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Can't believe this is the first review for Dr. Winburn...he's just the greatest guy to go to if you need braces. He's a very happy fellow, patient and kind to his clients and patients. Very upfront and very reassuring to my son who was quite apprehensive about the idea of braces. My daughter went to him and had a wonderful experience with something that could have easily been a very negative time. The staff is great and very helpful and kind. Beautiful office setting, just a good overall experience. I highly recommend him to all, young and old.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

He is not very interested and not on time...either were his staff. The girl who works in accounting was extremely RUDE. Also not knowledgeable at all as well not helpfull. I went to Dr. Jay instead!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Winburn is the best... I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

I am an adult patient of Dr. Winburn's and never thought I would get braces at my age. Dr. Winburn has been wonderful and compassionate towards my concerns and reservations over being a mature person in braces. He and his staff have done all they can to make my visits quick and painless. As a professional myslef, I appreciate the receptionist trying to accomodate my schedule as best as she can. One of the things that I have appreciated the most about D. Winburn is that he realiezd how much some of his patients have to travel to make their appointments. Before scheduling me back he always checks where I live and considers my excess traveling distance before rescheduling me for further work. There is times when he has squeezed in extra work so I don't have to travel another hour and half each way.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009