Ratings for Dr. Dolores Costanzo

If this woman truly wants to have a medical practise, then she should park her religious views at the door. Some women require b.c. pills for a variety of reasons other than birth control! To deny a woman a prescription merely because of her fanatical beliefs is a breach of the oath she took to take care of her patients. She has no business assuming that the B.C. Pill is used for only birth control!! Has she ever heard of PCOS? Polycystic ovarian syndrome. The pill regulates all the awful side effects of this disease. Without the pill this disease causes terrible problems because of the hormone imbalance it causes, can create serious health problems if left untreated. The B.C. Pill is the primary treatment for PCOS. She is an ignorant quack.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

Never available and always have to wait a long time to see her even though we have an appointment booked. My son was very sick once, we waited 1.5 hours in the clinic, she came in and spent 1 minute with us...told us the diagnose, nothing she can give us for the medical condition and then walked out.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Dr.Costanzo is a great doctor and I have never heard anything in regards to her religion until reading these...I was a new patient to her at a very difficult time in my life and she was supportive and knowledgeable. She has seen me through many medical conditions and has always made me feel well cared for as a Doctor should but many don't.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

I find Dr. Costanzo very knowledgeable, but she is a bit testy at times. Maybe a little more compassion would go a long way in changing people's minds about her. I agree with previous comments that her religious beliefs should not put a blockade on her professionalism. However her refferals are prompt and her overall attitude is pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

I think Dr. Costanzo is very helpful and kind. She does have strict religious views and is entitled to them, as we all are. She explained to me her views up front, in my initial interview with her while choosing a new G.P., thus giving me the choice. She was very perceptive and proactive to some recent medical concerns I am having, and was very quick and efficient in getting me in to see not one, but 3 specialists by referral...faster than I had been helped in the past. While Dr. Costanzo is reserved, I find this professional...I am not looking for another close girlfriend, but an experienced and unbiased medical professional. She conducts herself in exactly this manner. I would encourage anyone looking for any doctor to make their own decisions based on their personal experience, not the biased and somewhat rude comments of a few individuals. Have an interview with doctors before selecting one; consider your own views in life and how important it is to have a doctor who feels the same

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Not very helpful. Told me I had to book some other appointment with another doctor in the office to do a rectal exam. Like she hadnt seen a rectum in medical school. What kind of quack is this woman. And, the religious views are far fetched. Give up your practice you knit-witt.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Pushes perosnal and religious views on you. I feel like she is a preacher not a doctor

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

she wont prescribe birth control pills and wouldnt sign a piece of paper for my husband to have a vasectomy... if enough people complain to college of physicians she could be suspended or even have her license taken away for pushing religious views ie not prescribing certain drugs because shes catholic

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

This doctor has a terrible bedside manner, because she is Catholic she wouldn't write me a birth control perscription and instead of having a colleague write it, she made me go to a walk-in clinic where I had to wait for 1.5 hours, I had to ask her not to leave the examination room so I could ask her my questions at which point she said to make another appointment if I had any other questions. When I asked her MEDICAL opinion on my injuries because ICBC is hounding me to settle - she said that I should be asking my LAWYER. When I exclaimed my lawyer is not a doctor and I would like to know her opinion - she said she isn't a neurosurgeon and can't give me her opinion. Skip this doctor folkes!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Not a very good doctor. Won't prescribe birth control because she's catholic. Unorganized, causing long waits for referrals to specialists. Very frustrating to deal with. How did she even make it through medical school?

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007