Ratings for Dr. David Latter

As a healthy 37 year old male I was shocked to learn through a routine physical with my family doctor that a heart murmur ended up being severe Mitral Valve prolapse. As a result I needed open heart surgery and was referred by my new cardiologist to Dr. Latter at St. Mikes. Dr. Latter was kind, calm and professional. Having little experience with the health care system I found all interactions (including those with his team) to be exceptional. Most important, Dr. Latter executed the surgery flawlessly. Now 8 months post-surgery I am in good health, have travelled outside of the country and am back to an active lifestyle. I was back to work after 3 months and progressed well through the process. Follow-up was also effective. If I had to do this again (I hope I never do), I would beg to have Dr. Latter perform the surgery. A true life saver and an all-around professional.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I am two weeks into my recovery after triple bypass surgery. Dr Latter and the Team at St Mikes throughout the process were kind, empathetic , professional and knowledgeable. They set very realistic expectations about my surgery and recovery lessening my concerns and anxiety throughout. Dr Latter made himself available after the surgery to my family and subsequently during my recovery time at St Mike's. My quick recovery and lack of pain and discomfort is the result of a first rate Team with Dr Latter as Cardiac Surgeon. My appreciation will be lifelong.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr Latter performed a quad bypass on me and I will be forever great full. They don't come any better. I feel the same about his surgical team and nursing staff.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr Latter performed a quadruple by-pass on me in 2005 after I had a heart attack while on a business trip to Canada. Christmas 2014 I am still fit and strong, play golf, and live a very full life thanks to the great skill of himself and his team, and I am forever grateful to him for giving me back many more years of useful life which I would not otherwise have had. As regards ratings, I could not rate him more highly. Paul V. Tattersall ( Dublin, Ireland).

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Dr. Latter instills confidence in the patient and her family

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

This August 2014 I would like to state that it has been three years since Dr. Latter conducted a open heart valve replacement surgery on my father. I am sure he does not remember me or my father but there is not a single day that goes by when I pray to Almighty GOD and wish the best of all the worlds for him, his loved ones and also for his team. Follow up of 18/Aug/2011

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Saved my mother's life with the kindest bedside manner I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

From the minute I met Dr. Latter he made me feel comfortable and confident that everything would work out alright. He performed a triple bypass on me and I have been great since. The care before, during and after the surgery from Dr. Latter and everyone in the cardiac department at St. Mike's was absolutely unbelievable. There wasn't one person I encountered from the receptionist, to the nurses and of course Dr. Latter that weren't professional and ever so caring. They made a very stressful situation as comfortable as it could possibly be for me and my family. In short Dr. Latter and his cardiac team are the absolute best!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

From the moment I met Dr. Latter for consultation on Sept 28th, 2010, I felt complete confidence with him. His tone and manner was down to earth. He told me that he would fix me. He perform the operation on Oct.14,2010. It went for 8 hours during which he had to repair a full tear in the left ventricle chamber not a patch to a hole originally believed. A single bypass was also done to take over from the stent done Aug 19th, 2009. This operation required 8 hours on the table along with 4 1/2 days in ICU under life support and twice on dialysis. The after care was superb by the nurses lead by Meesha. There were times while in the ICU that they thought that they were going to loose me but Dr. Latter informed that I was fighter and I would make. Once they got me up & moving they were amazed at what I could do. This operation was so well done that I was able to go through a 6 hour back operation to rectify a major problem and then another 2 hour one to fix a unexpected problem. This was at St. Mike's also.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013