Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Velazquez

I've had two procedures performed by Dr. Velazquez, and both exceeded my expectations. The most recent was a total knee replacement. I find Dr. Velazquez to be extremely knowledgeable, informative, and personable. He fully explained the procedure and what to expect after the surgery. I was fortunate that I experienced very little pain and recovered (with full mobility) much sooner than I had anticipated. I've been able to resume to all my normal activities, including walking up and down steep hills, with absolutely no pain. I feel fortunate to have found such a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon right here in the Cowichan Valley and would highly recommend Dr. Velazquez to anyone considering joint replacement surgery. As well, I had a fair amount of interaction with Dr. Velazquez's receptionist and found her to be very pleasant and accommodating.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

R. Hip replaced April 2016 and certainly don't know how he got 'horrible' 'pushy' & 'intimidating', he is Grade A Triple AAA - tells it the way it is and if you don't like that, then move on (my opinion - not his).

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Horribly pushy, nasty and intimidating man. He doesn't seem very confident in his abilities.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

This kind man. Is an Excellent surgeon..I would and already have recommended him to family and friends..he does his homework. He has helped me 110% He and his team are really great!! I ts been a privilege. Thank you Dr Velazquez :-)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I nave had wo operations by this surgeon. Both operations have turned out perfect. A Dr, that you can talk to and get straight answers. No gray areas. Follow his instructions and all is well.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I have seen him twice in the past for two different problems and both times he was upfront and honest. Very kind man , funny, personable. I would highly recommend. His secretary is okay but not warm and fuzzy at all...

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Not particularly friendly, minimal eye contact but good surgeon. Very minimal visits, maybe 5 min. in office but will answer any questions. Receptionist is cold, unfriendly, more like border patrol. Don't expect any warm fuzzies from her.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Other than getting past his receptionist the service I received has been excellent; the outcome of my one foot good; looking like the other one is even better. Not many surgeons will touch toes because of how touchy they are; I think he does a good job doing this often thankless ask.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Great job ..before, surgery, and follow up. Thorough information and well explained options.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

i had my second knee surgery done in January by dr v and his team. 2 different knees of course. they are both awesome. thanks to dr v i have my health and enjoyment of life back. thank you all !

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015