Ratings for Dr. Susan L. Cavender

My husband and I were patients of Dr. Susan Cavender's parents for 30 years---and since they retired, we have been with Susan for 27 years. We do have to wait an hour or more, but each patient gets Dr. Susan's full attention. She has a remarkable memory--and can remember each patient and the details of their ailments. Brilliant diagnostician, as well. Loaded with common sense, which is a trait missing in most other doctors I've known. Not heavy on prescribing meds, instead, offers good advice on changing lifestyle and eating proper foods. She is sweet, patient, kind, understanding, and will never, ever, betray your confidences as a patient. Also, she is connected with CAMC, which means she will enter you into the hospital and treat you there if you need it. The questions above didn't let me enter our complete insurance: Medicare/Aetna. We therefore just pay standard co-pay for office visits. Evelyn & Ted Smith, Edgewood Summit residents.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

I was in the waiting room for 3 hours for this appointment, not including the 15 or so minutes early I'd shown up in hopes of getting everything done in a timely manner. Thankfully, I didn't urgently have to be anywhere afterwords. I admit that put me in a nasty mood for everything following. The staff wasn't great, but not awful either. Dr. Cavender herself was pretty friendly, but apparently rushed and barely took any time to hear my health concerns. Will not be going there again.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Carrying on a family tradition, ( her father and mother were both MDs) this lady is remarkable, caring and really "knows" each of her patients. You never feel like "just another number." You can feel the personal concern and care coming from Dr. Cavender. If you experience a wait in her office, feel good about it. She will take the necessary time with you also and not rush you through.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Susan L. Cavender's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charleston, WV