Ratings for Dr. Catherine J. Murray

The nurse does everything, she spent 5 minutes if that with me. Getting second opinion from another Dr.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I waited almost 2 hours to see her and then she spent maybe 5 minutes in the room with me. When she came in, she didn't have my chart, no computer, not even a pen and paper to make notes on. I have never been to a doctor that didn't take notes or go over your family history if its your first visit. The only thing she did was schedule me for an Endoscopy which I have decided to go have somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Murray was my doctor for one year. I have Crohn's disease. I was having a flare up, which is VERY common, and I went to see her so that she could treat me for severe pain. She told me that she only treats the underlying problem, she will not treat symptoms. I was doubled over in pain in her office, and she told me to schedule a colonoscopy to see what the problem was. I have had a colonoscopy every year for 20 years, and the diagnosis has always been Crohn's disease! She knew what the problem was! So, instead of being compassionate and treating me for my pain, she sent me out the door with no solution. Doctors should treat the problem and the symptoms. If you're looking for compassion, understanding, and knowledge in your doctor, do not go to Dr. Murray.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I saw Dr. Murray over 10 yrs ago and she hurt me during my colonoscopy; not enough sedative given. I just went to her recently for a consultation and she didn't listen to my fears and anxieties about another colonscopy. I got the impression that she was in charge, and you do as she says and is not willing to work with you on a possible compromise for other things such as a sidmoidoscopy. The wait is over an hour and she comes in for about 5 minutes and then you get all the details of the tests, etc. from the scheduling person. I will not go back to her. I am now looking for a more compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

Dr. Catherine Murray has been my doctor and my husbands doctor for many years and has always been very courteous and professional when we have visited her.In my opinion she is a very competent doctor.She seems to be very knowledgeable in her field and has referred us to other physicians when needed.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

She completely missed obvious symptoms for my Dad - even after tests told him to "take zantac". He died a month later from a twisted colon.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Dr. Catherine J. Murray's Credentials

• Univ Of Calgary, Fac Of Med, Calgary, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1977)

Healthnet