Ratings for Dr. Bradley Zins

Dr Zins sent me a letter on 5/10 stating I needed to go to another facility for more testing. I called on Monday 5/13 and the nurse said she could not help me and transferred me to the appointment desk. The appointment desk said she would not make an appointment without talking to the nurse or Dr Zins. On 5/14 after no call back I called my GP to see if she would help. On 5/15 I get a call from Dr Zins at 3:45PM. I asked him why he didn't call me because the letter was stressful. His answer was calling patients were a waste of time. He also was short and sounded annoyed when I asked him questions.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Dr. Zins was very helpful and pleasant - took me seriously when another doctor had stated my problem was "stress". Found and removed a polyp when I was in my late 30's. I found him extremely comfortable to talk with and he listened carefully.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Had been working with a local dr for almost 2 years for GI issues. Took me 6 weeks to get an appointment after referred to this dr. He openly doubted every diagnosis made by referring dr even tho previous dr had provided records and pictures from EGDs to support gast outlet obst and bleeding ulcers. Scheduled for EGD w/dilation and colonscopy 6 weeks later but discovered he didn't use sedation, only pain medication. Was told if I "insisted" on sedation, I would have to go to another location for the procedures. I only "insisted" that I not be traumatized. The second location finally called a week later to schedule procedures 2 MONTHS later. Was very dissatified with attitudes and treatment of potentially serious GI issues as well as other serious health concerns. Called another GI doc elsewhere and was scheduled 1 week later with procedures AND sedation I needed set up for the same day. Would never go back to this place. Felt as though they could have cared less.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Very poor people skills and a bad communicator, seem to change his story each time I've seen him. Not helpful.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Zins was condencending and arrogant. He made me feel as though my thoughts were of no consequence, and he was squeemish about examining me. No person to person skills I look for in a Dr. I ended up using another physician from the group and was far happier!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009

Dr. Zins was very pleasant and helpful after my colonoscopy. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a colonoscopy. No problems at all. Staff was pleasant and on time for all appointments.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Very arrogant,condescending,sneaky,misrepresents the truth.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Performed first of 2 EGDs in one week while on call. Before procedure, body language appeared uncomfortable and possibly deceptive when asked about complication rates and experience. Projected attitude of uncaring arrogance, very condescending. Nurses were also very arrogant when asked about ACLS certification since they do sedation. EGD resulted in painful throat abrasions. Discharged from case at my demand and replaced with another gastroenterologist in same department for second EGD. Second gastroenterologist performing second EGD resulted in much more satisfactory encounter. Will never use Zins again even if he is on call at one of 2 hospitals in town. Would use the other hospital in that instance.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Dr. Bradley Zins's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)