Dr. Wayne Hackman

Ratings for Dr. Wayne Hackman

Always on time. A stellar dentist I have gone to for10 years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

No wait times! Straight to the point and all work gets done in a timely professional manner. Thanks for your good work.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I've been going to him for many years. He is very honest and doesn't suggest procedures that aren't needed. I find his rates quite reasonable

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I've been going to this dentist for 20 years. He's always helpful and honest. I went to another dentist once.. Who said I had 4 cavities he wanted to fill.. Went for a second opinion from Dr. Hackman, no cavities. Now I only trust him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Have had nothing but bad experiences with Hackman. First, they don't do automatic recalls for cleanings. Tried 7 months in advance to book a yearly cleaning for me and my kids and was told that they couldn't fit me in for another 2 months... so have to book a cleaning 9 months in advance? What? Went in once with pain in a tooth and he told me it was all in my mind and sent me home with shellac (???). Then went to another dentist who found a cavity. To be fair, staff is friendly and seem to be okay. The facility itself is very dated (1970s) the parking lot is horrible with potholes everywhere and always full with little available parking. Dr. Hackman himself is arrogant, dismissive and seems very "full of himself". Given the selection of dentists in Edmonton southwest, you're far better off elsewhere. I certainly found someone much better, nicer, with a cleaner facility and available parking.

Submitted August 2, 2016

I have seen this dentist for twenty years and have always been impressed with the quality of his work.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Six month ago I went for cleaning. I always have problem with my gums after cleaning they are painful and uncomfortable. This time the pain took longer and I went back to the clinic and Dr. Hackman took Picture (x ray) and told me there is nothing wrong in your teeth and when I said maybe something happened for my gums, his assistant told me “ We can see in the picture even if something wrong is in your gums”. So I trusted them And I tried to keep my teeth clean and I did not use one side of my mouse to chew and then after 5 month a dentist told me “If your tooth has broken vertically they can not see it in the picture. I went back to the clinic and Dr. Hackman was away and anther Dr. was there. When he looked at my teeth he told me your tooth has broken and nothing I can do and I should pull it out. He did it. It was broken to half vertically. When Dr. Hackman came back to work, he told me “You eat every day and your teeth can break and what you want me to do know?” I told him your dental hygienist has broken my teeth and you fix it. He said how can I fix broken teeth?. I told him implant it. He said he does not pay for it and then he called his dental hygienist and told him she said you have broken her teeth and left.

Submitted October 21, 2014

Went to this dentist when regular dentist out of town - big mistake. Our impression and treatment by Dentist was almost opposite all comments except staff was very nice. Worst pain ever (and I have high pain threshold), gums bleeding & look like raw meat, temporary tooth fell out twice - the second time was the very next day where I choked on tooth and turned blue. My regular dentist said he worked on wrong tooth the second time and asked what "this stuff" was referring to adhesive used! My dentist says that it appeared that teeth had not been 'cured'. In hind sight we regret seeing this dentist. Also, the office seems preoccupied with payments and getting paid before work committed to. All my teeth need work according to my dentist who had submitted a letter stating that due to my medical condition the crowns, veneers & fillings are necessary for medical reasons & not aesthetics. While we appreciate that Dr Hackman was going to take money in payments - he dropped ball here...

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

The best dentist I have known. Very sincere and always punctual.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Very knowledgeable, punctual, professional dentist. His staff is amazing. He is the person I trust

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012