Ratings for Dr. John J. Park

This so called doctor is not gonna do anything except make the quick money. We had a peer-to-peer scheduled for over a week and he couldn't even be there to answer the phone call after he assured us that him or his associate would be. So now my wife gets to suffer longer till we can find another neurosurgeon. He does not want to hear anything you have to say. You can tell he wants to go straight to the next patient to make the dollars that's all he's interested in. Stay away from him and his office staff. They tell lie after lie to cover for him

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I was delivered unconscious to Dr. Park who was on-duty in the emergency room. I didn't choose him, but God did!!! Dang! He is amazing! I had a spinal cord injury and he saved me from paralysis. He also had to perform surgery on 21 vertebrae that were entrapping my nerves. And when my spinal fluid escaped, he had to repair the tear. 100% success each and every time!! Dr. Park is extremely humble, despite being a top-rated neurosurgeon. He is so shy, which some people may not understand. But he is very open when he is socially engaged with you. I mean, like I kidded him about how all of the nurses showed up in my room where he was there because he was a babe as well as a great doctor! He blushed and after that we were like old friends! I heard him in his office dealing with patients who had incurable diseases. He was so emotionally involved and he never stopped championing the concept of miracles.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Staff is very cold and uncaring for elderly patients. Took my mom for a consult on lumbar pain. Dr Park said he could not help her with surgery in that region but could help her with her cervical pain. He discussed at length the procedure and recovery. A month later we decided to have the surgery and went through weeks of preparation. The day before the surgery we found out he was planning to operate on her lumbar region! When I brought the mistake to their attention they said they could not operate on the cervical region because he did not document the discussion we had. They insisted we make her make that long drive back for a consultation that we already had. No apologies for the ineptness at all! Cold and business like. No concern for the elderly. Do NOT take your parent there! Just an assembly line. In and out! We went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

very patient and caring. Takes time needed to explain, teach, and answer all questions on level of understanding to patient and family members. Excellent P.A. and staff. Office always return calls promptly.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013