Ratings for Dr. Anthony Gumina

I've been a patient for about 10 years. I've been frustrated for years with the staff, but every time I've decided I've had it I finally get in to see Dr. Gumina (after HOURS of waiting) and feel like it's worth it. He makes you feel like you're his only patient. But recently I've had a major issue and haven't received the care I need. I leave messages on the nurse line with questions or requests for prescription refills and don't get calls back. I've had to call several days in a row to get test results. I never receive calls back, and just have to keep calling. The last straw was a test result that I was told was unremarkable. I've since seen the test results myself with another doctor and the results clearly state a problem. The report doesn't need a medical professional to interpret the results, it's very clear. Instead of getting help from Dr. Gumina's office I had to find another doctor on my own who was finally able to help me. Dr. Gumina's office is distracted, and so is he.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Adele is harsh and rude. No personal skills. Heather is following suit. Gumina has changed his practice has a lot to be desired. The wait to see him is horrendous although once you finally get in he does take his time with you. 7 out 10 times he will diagnose correctly.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Gumina since 2011. No matter what ails me he takes his time and explains things and makes sure that i am comfortable before leaving his office. I hever feel rushed with him and know that when i have a wait it is only because he is providing the same great service to another patient.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

The wait time is extreme...up to 5 hours at times. The quality of care has drastically declined over the last 10 years. Dr. Gumina used to take his time and truly seemed to care, now he rushes through the entire appointment, does not listen and is so so quick to prescribe medication even when not necessary (just in case!). The feeling that you are being provided with the best care possible is no longer there, seems to be all amount the money...so much so he is running an additional passport/notary business out of his medical office!!! Beyond words strange. So sad...time to find a new doc :(

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. G has been my doctor for over five years when I came down to go to school at UNLV. Right away I felt he not only helped me tremendously, he was an active listener and we worked as partners with my health care plan. This is a huge benefit when I am looking for a doctor to stick with! He is the best!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

The waiting time is not good. We got there 11, the appt time is 11:40, we waited 2 hrs. I fall asleep waiting.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Very thorough, very thoughtful, very willing to help. The best doctor I have been to. Yes, bring a book for the waiting room however.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I LOVE Gumina!!! I hate the wait, but he is the BEST doc I have ever seen. My parents see him so he took me in despite not accepting new patients. He takes all the time you need, hence the wait. Since he is now on his own, every patient sees him directly. Wait times are in excess of 90 mins usually. But he is worth it!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

Dr. Gumina really cares about his patients. My whole family uses Dr. Gumina as our family doctor and we love him!!! he takes his time to explain things to you. Unlike some other doctors, he does not rush you out the door. He always listens and keeps up to date with new procedures and medicines. He is sooooo worth the wait.??

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Has done nothing for the aliments the patient went to see him about. Did nothing but fed the patient drugs; continued the patients' additiction. Wrote scripts without seeing patient. Not on my life would I see him.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Dr. Anthony Gumina's Credentials

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)