Ratings for Dr. Felecia L. Dawson

Dr Dawson is very aloof and condescending in her approach. She does not come across as a concerned partner in your healthcare but she seems to enjoy looking for ways to have you spend more money in the form of blood tests and supplements. Dr Emily in her office is far more personable. Once you warm the staff up in conversation, they're great to work with.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

This. Doctor's bedside manner is horrible. She used to be s really good doctor until she started pushing her weight loss and holistic knowledge and supplements. If you're overweight, she comes across as very condescending.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Felicia L. Dawson needs to consider the patients that she serves. They are in her office for her ability, knowledge and because they need special care for their ailments. Dr. Dawson's manner of working with his patients leaves much to be desired. She needs to approach them with their personal medical history and take the time necessary to inform the patient and allow them time for questions. She is dry, like many other reviews have mentioned. True, it is not a social meeting, but it needs to be more personable. Originally I had hopes that Dr. Dawson would be a "holistic" doctor, with a personable approach and without all the publicity. This has turned out to be false. Dr. Dawson is very interested in promoting her products, assuring that her patients buy her products and insisting upon many blood tests. These blood tests are usually not covered by most insurance companies. I do not recommend Dr. Dawson and because of all my comments, above, I am switching Gynecologists!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Although I like her holistic approach to caring for her patients, I find her to be dry, impolite and not thorough enough. As an African-American woman, I sought out a practitioner that I felt I could relate to. I spent 10 years being referred to this doctor and that specialist without Dr. Dawson taking the time to personalize my care and really focus. I switched my care to a caucasian doctor who diagnosed me the same day as my initial appointment, performed in-office diagnostics and scheduled surgery to correct it. I am one week post-up and never felt-better. I don't feel that Dr. Dawson took time to personalize my care and simple referred me to her colleagues to get me out of her hair. I don't appreciate that. Her office is old, creeky, and lacks up-to-date technology and her staff is a bit empathetic. The front office staff lack personality and are often curt, rude and abrasive over the phone. Never going back there. 10 years of lackluster care is enough.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. Dawson is knowledgable, especially regarding dieting and nutrition. BUT -- prepare to wait. She was more than an hour late and NEVER BOTHERED TO APOLOGIZE! Even on her best days, it's a half-hour wait in the waiting room. But this was ridiculous. She is curt and unfriendly, which I don't mind - I don't want to chat, I want to get down to business. But for an office that charges for missed appts, they don't seem to respect MY time as much as they demand I respect theirs.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Dawson for about 6 yrs. now and for some reason her quality of care has dropped drastically. Amongst other reasons, this one instance was the icing on the cake for me. I went in for an emergency appt. and the most she did was ask me if I was still taking a medicataion that she had prescribed a year earlier. She did not examine me and I'm wondering if it was because this was not a "scheduled" appt. I am back on the prescription as she suggested but unfortunately my condition has not changed. It seems as though Dr. Dawson is focusing more on her specialized weight loss program which is OK but please communicate that to your other patients so that they are given the option to stay or find another doctor. I will not be going back to Dr. Dawson!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

I went to Dr. Dawson after having problems with my period. I was bleeding 28 days and off 5 days!! She put me on a vegan diet. This helped for a year however I would not keep up the vegan eating because I was not getting enough protein. I ended up getting a partial hysterectomy. SHE WAS GREAT. She provided the pictures I asked for and called me a couple of times post surgery to make sure I was okay. I recommend Dr. Dawson to anyone that ask me for a name of a good GYN. Her holistic approach is what we need more of. People fail to understand the impact drug can have on ones system even if taken for a short peroid of time. We need a network of holisitic doctors. Thanks Dr. Dawson.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. Dawson's bedside manner leaves much to be desired. She is dry and curt. She delivered my oldest child. What a nightmare she and it was. I labored way too long without medicine. And pushed and pushed with no success. My blood pressure skyrocketed and everyone was tense. Just before she finally decided I would have to have a C-section she used the "jaws of life" and I delivered my son. I would not recommend Dr. Dawson.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Patience was not allowed in treatment plan. I made numerous request needless to say none of the were profilled. I switched

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

incomplete workup, lack of concern, unhelpful, had to be reminded to complete requests and then the prescription was uncorrectly written

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Felecia L. Dawson's Credentials

• Morehouse Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30310 (Grad. 1986)

GHI