Ratings for Dr. Robert K. Thornquist

The doctor is great but his staff is horrible. They let me take time off of work to sit 30 minutes past my appointment time to tell me they would not let me be seen. Didn't bother to call me or my message number the two days prior to my appointment to save me from taking an hour off of work and not be seen. His staff have caused him to lose a 22 year patient.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I saw Dr. Thornquist for years for a myriad of issues. I have referred several friends who have also loved Dr. T. He is extremely thorough and CARING. He truly cares, LISTENS, and helps. Outstanding doctor. One of a kind. I look forward to moving back to Anchorage knowing that I have an advocate for my health in Dr. Thornquist. :)

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Very nice man and a decent doctor. However, plan on spending a very long time in his office (I have spent up to 2-3 hours waiting to see him and that's with a scheduled appointment!!) If you want to see him on time, be sure to get the first appt. of the day! On the flip side though, he takes his time with YOU which is great. :) He is very RX happy. I developed an Oxycodone addiction after getting so many RX's for him. Yes, I was in pain, and I appreciated it at the time. However, I suffered for years trying to kick that addiction! I think all pain relieving methods should be considered before narcotics. I know of a few patients that have died of accidental narcotics overdoses while in his care. So please be aware! If you don't have a problem with narcotics, not an issue. If you do, and you don't want to relapse...I suggest not seeing this MD. Otherwise, GREAT doctor!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

Been our family Dr. over a decade. Truly caring, always listens, very kind and compassionate staff as well.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

He is a prescription happy doc. In my personal experience he loves that pad and loves to push the latest pharmaceutical on you. Nice man, kind man but very closed minded about his medical approach to wellness. not really interested in proacative care in my experience.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

was referred by a friend to dr. thornquist over 15 years ago and have been going to him ever since. he has always listened and helped our family

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Robert K. Thornquist's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Massachusetts