Ratings for Dr. Richard Gerhauser

Dr. Gerhauser has been my PCP for several years now. He has a great combination of traditional and natural medicine at his disposal. He will order tests if I need them, help me interpret them, and then prescribe meds, but he also talks to me about nutrition/exercise and other more natural approaches. He never talks down to me, which I greatly appreciate as I am also in the medical field and like to have a lot of input into my treatment. He spends a lot of time with me and never seems rushed, which is invaluable and infrequent in medicine these days. He is very personable and especially knowledgeable about sports and preventative medicine. His MA has always been nice, but I have had issues with rude front desk staff and/or getting calls returned.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

I ran into Dr. Gerhauser by word of mouth. The lady indicated she had really disturbing menopausal symptoms and he was one of the few people able to help her treat it and was patient enough to get her dosage combination and treatment right. Dr. Gerhauser is an MD whose practice is a combination of allopathic and naturopathic philosophies. He has a lot of patience, will listen to you, will try to diagnose the source of the problem instead of throwing medicine at it. He also explains to you in detail any medical issues or medicines, he treats you like a fellow physician and doesn't talk down to you. Because he's considerate, I often leave his office feeling better. I've circled through a lot of physicians due to my current illness and had to weed them out, but I'm keeping Dr. Gerhauser in my back pocket:-)

flag | Submitted August 19, 2012

Dr. Richard Gerhauser's Credentials

• Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Reno Nv 89557 (Grad. 1981)